Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 08-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
I appreciate this post!! I was dissapointed to hear about them dropping most of the jebao line. I really like the product so far (running 2 WP40). Its just really nice to have a cheaper option for those of us who are on a tighter budget.

I have dealt with reefsupplies many times and have been very pleased with their service and products every time. They would definitely have my business if they decided to carry more of the jebao line!

I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about losing the wp line. The Rw15 is 4000gph compared to the wp40's 3000gph , it's a smaller pump ,has a wider flow, looks a lot nicer and they wirelessly communicate with each other like the vortech mp line. And the cost around $10 more. They also have the rw8 and rw20 which are comparable to the wp25 and wp60.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about losing the wp line. The Rw15 is 4000gph compared to the wp40's 3000gph , it's a smaller pump ,has a wider flow, looks a lot nicer and they wirelessly communicate with each other like the vortech mp line. And the cost around $10 more. They also have the rw8 and rw20 which are comparable to the wp25 and wp60.
Well, I dont' want 4000gph, 3000 is pushing it. I don't care about wirelessly communicating, I use mine on Apex with a cable I just bought. If one of my WP pumps dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. It's a matched set Flow width is silly, I just want water moving. They are $10 more.

Now, if I were buying all new stuff, sure, I'd go with the latest. But I went with the last last season, so it would be nice to be able to get the same stuff. Oh, cost wise, I can buy the WP40 for 60 bucks without the controller I don't need. Gooder deal still.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:26 PM

ronau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Well, I dont' want 4000gph, 3000 is pushing it. I don't care about wirelessly communicating, I use mine on Apex with a cable I just bought. If one of my WP pumps dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. It's a matched set Flow width is silly, I just want water moving. They are $10 more.

Now, if I were buying all new stuff, sure, I'd go with the latest. But I went with the last last season, so it would be nice to be able to get the same stuff. Oh, cost wise, I can buy the WP40 for 60 bucks without the controller I don't need. Gooder deal still.
Where can you buy the pump without the controller? I had a WP-25 die on me and like you I ran a pair with my Apex. Now I need a replacement and would rather not add another controller to my pile of junk never to be used.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 08-23-2014, 08:39 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Sounds like my phone lol
Old 08-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronau View Post
Where can you buy the pump without the controller? I had a WP-25 die on me and like you I ran a pair with my Apex. Now I need a replacement and would rather not add another controller to my pile of junk never to be used.

Thanks,

Ron
Pets and Ponds
Old 08-23-2014, 08:54 PM

ronau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pets and Ponds
Didn't even notice that on their site, thanks!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Quote:

Ok so you don't want 4000gph , that's why they have a controllable speed , and I'm sure most people would prefer to have the extra power if they want it ,and turn it down if they dont , while maybe extending the life of the pump running it at a lower speed.

That's a great way of running them through the apex with the cable , but I would bet most people run them with the controller and having the option of them communicating together like a vortech mp , is a pretty cool option.

Flow width is silly? That comment has to be one of the silliest things I have ever heard. Wider flow covers more area on either side of the powerhead , and also allows for easier placement without having to worry about blowing the skin off your acro's
Old 08-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
Flow width is silly? That comment has to be one of the silliest things I have ever heard. Wider flow covers more area on either side of the powerhead , and also allows for easier placement without having to worry about blowing the skin off your acro's
Well ya, that's the theory. But I haven't found it to apply to practical application. Not something I would base a decision on.

And yes, most people will want the newer units. If I had none, I'd go with the RW. But if one of my exisiting ones dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there in the same position. I think Jebao sold a few units
Old 08-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

And yes, most people will want the newer units. If I had none, I'd go with the RW. But if one of my exisiting ones dies, I want to replace it with the same thing. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there in the same position. I think Jebao sold a few units [/quote]

Yes , I agree as I have a pair of wp25's and if one died I would prefer to replace the one pump as well.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Just a guy..

And that's all I'm saying really, if you have none, buy the new ones, but if you need to replace part of a set, access to the old would be great. Especially without the controller option.