Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-03-2015, 12:54 AM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road
Default Official dive vacation thread

I just read Myka's thread about her upcoming dive trip the Philippines and I am so jealous! The Philippines and Indonesia have been on our bucket list but the travel time and expense always steers us pack to the Caribbean.
Anyhow, I thought I would start a thread for the dive members of the forum to post their dive vacation plans and trip reports.
My divebuddy/spouse and I are heading to Cozumel for two weeks on January 23rd. We haven't been to Coz since 2012 and are looking forward to returning. We also plan on taking the ferry over to the mainland and catching a taxi down to Akumal tovisit an old dive instructor friend in Akumal if things go as planned.
Please post your photos and video from your dive trips!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:09 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Awesome, I love Cozumel! I really enjoyed Kauai, Hawaii too (my fav place so far), and the Cook Islands were amazing. You already know my plans! Philippines!

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:12 AM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I'm headed to Cabo, Loretto and Puerto Vallarta Jan 8-18. Bringing my GoPro with the new Intovatek lights
Old 12-03-2015, 05:16 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Me and my wife love Cozumel too quick trip you can stay in a bed and breakfast for like 325$ for 10 days and the diving and food is cheap , we dove with
scuba tony dive company last time and I couldn't say more good things about them

Here is a quick go pro video of our last dive trip there

http://youtu.be/Fel_0EN0-qg
Old 12-03-2015, 05:17 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Has anyone been to roatan or Honduras is another close by place for a quick dive getaway we were thinking of jetting away on April ish next year and thinking doing a 10ish day dive trip any one been
Old 12-03-2015, 12:45 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I've dove Utila which is another little island 30 min or so ferry ride from Roatan. If you time it right they get whale sharks out there.
I was there shortly after a couple big storms had passed through and the viz wasn't great and there was still large swells rolling through.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:51 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post

Might be my PC but the link is'nt working for me
Old 12-03-2015, 01:31 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Me and my wife love Cozumel too quick trip you can stay in a bed and breakfast for like 325$ for 10 days and the diving and food is cheap , we dove with scuba tony dive company last time and I couldn't say more good things about them. Here is a quick go pro video of our last dive trip there http://youtu.be/Fel_0EN0-qg
Nice vid! Is that the Palancar reef along the edge of the wall? We took a ride in that submarine that went along an area that looks a lot like your video - we got lucky and sat right behind the captain. It was a neat experience. We didn't see any rays or turtles off Cozumel - a few Nurse Sharks, and TONNES of Barracuda (like every 30 feet). Not so many fish as you see in Hawaii.

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:07 PM

We were looking at Roatan and staying at Anthony's Key Resort . The diving and the resort look really nice but as I recall it was a schlep getting there and we have lots of Air Miles so we decided on going to Cozumel direct from Toronto.

Quote:
Has anyone been to roatan or Honduras is another close by place for a quick dive getaway we were thinking of jetting away on April ish next year and thinking doing a 10ish day dive trip any one been
Old 12-03-2015, 02:12 PM

Agreed! We are staying at Mi Casa, $610 for two weeks and about 2 blocks from the water. We have not booked a dive op yet but thinking about going with Aldora based on their great reviews.

Quote:
Me and my wife love Cozumel too quick trip you can stay in a bed and breakfast for like 325$ for 10 days and the diving and food is cheap , we dove with
scuba tony dive company last time and I couldn't say more good things about them