Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Seacare Maricultured Products > Ocean Fresh Coral Grow Additives

Old 03-15-2012, 07:04 AM

TimT is on a distinguished road
Default Why should I use Coral Grow Additives?

Why should I use Coral Grow Additives?

I have been asked this question many times. I think the best way to illustrate my answer is to give you the background information leading up to my decision to offer these products for sale.

The below image shows some of the mother colonies growing in our commercial grow out system. These corals have never been in the ocean and have grown to this stage with the use of our Coral Grow additives. In addition - these mother colonies have been fragged extensively over the years and they have not only "kept up" but have exceeded our recovery and growth expectations.

The History.
The growing interest for tank raised cultured corals with new and exciting colours inspired me to provide what hobbyists were asking for. My mother colonies, although very healthy, were unable to keep up with increased demand. As well we strove for more intense colours. I began to search for a natural method of increasing growth rates and colour. After a lot of research I concluded I needed to provide purer and more effective sources of Calcium, Carbonates and Magnesium for the corals. The requirement for purity and safety was of utmost importance. I located these sources for Calcium, Aluminum Free Sodium bicarbonate and Magnesium and began to use them. Every batch of Calcium and Magnesium was tested for Bromine to be sure it was safe to use in my system.

The Results.
After switching to the raw materials used in Coral Grow Additives I began to enjoy greater levels of success with the coral farming. The ready supply of Calcium, Carbonates and Magnesium lead to increased growth rates and colouration. Several colonies of Acropora tortuosa and Porites rus that I had since 2001 began to grow much more quickly and the blue colouration began to intensify.

The Start.
One of my commercial customers asked me what products I used to keep the Alkalinity and Calcium at the proper levels in my tanks. I told him I used Calcium, Aluminum Free Sodium bicarbonate and Magnesium that I sourced myself. He then asked me if I would sell him some of the chemicals I was using as he liked the results I was getting with my SPS. He started using the chemicals in his store and suggested that the products could be sold to hobbyists if packaged in smaller more convenient sizes. Thus the Coral Grow additives were started based on proven results and positive customer feedback.

The Production.
I am an ecologically minded person and try to minimize my personal environmental impact whenever possible. Thus I made several choices to minimize the environmental impact of my products; the raw chemicals are made in North America so there is a smaller carbon footprint due to no overseas shipping and Coral Grow packaging is kept to a minimum.

To summarize why I recommend the use of our Coral Grow Additives;
1. Proven safe and effective after years of use in a commercial coral farm and reef stores.
2. Smaller carbon footprint due to North American sources of materials.
3. Less packaging.
4. Ocean Fresh, who makes Coral Grow, is a Canadian company so you are supporting our Canadian economy.

I invite you to give our products a try and enjoy the successes that we enjoy with our corals. For the full range of products we use in the farm please see Ocean Fresh Aquarium Products.

Sincerely,
Tim Tessier
Owner
Ocean Fresh Aquarium Products
Old 03-15-2012, 12:39 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Great Write up!

We have now transferred ALL our dealers from previous balling salts to Ocean Fresh and they love it, furthermore with the BM chambers now coming back into stock, the starter packs are due to be re released!

Fantastic to finally have a true Canadian product using the highest grade mineral salts.

Ocean Fresh products are solely distributed through Aqua Digital Inc, contact sales@aqua-digital.com for supply routes.

Last edited by TimT; 03-15-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM

chris121277 is on a distinguished road

Hi there.....I was just looking threw your website and there doesn't seem to be any prices listed.
What do you charge for your Alk, Calcium and Mag?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi
The site is the manufacture site they do not sell direct if you would like to obtain pricing please email us at sales@aqua-digital.com we can then give you the MRSP and available dealers.