Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 04-16-2006, 10:56 PM

estey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to estey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
estey, what are you using to measure your Phosphates?

Steve
Hey Steve,

I am using the Deltec phosphate test kit. My phosphate levels before using system Reefresh were 0.15 ppm before and sit at about 0.03 now constantly.

Derek
Old 04-16-2006, 11:18 PM

Acro is on a distinguished road

Derek, Sounds as though you've been running this system the longest. Care to share some tank pics? You know what they say... The proof is in the pudding. and I've always thought pictures are the pudding in this hobby. So lets see the pudding.

Last edited by Acro; 04-16-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acro
Derek, Sounds as though you've been running this system the longest. Care to share some tank pics? You know what they say... The proof is in the pudding. and I've always thought pictures are the pudding in this hobby. So lets see the pudding.
Hey Jamie,

The first tank was a 120 Gallon that was used as the display tank for Frag Factory, which went when I sold the business, so it is no longer going. It was mainly softie and LPS dominated with some SPS, which colored up nicely over the course of a few months.

Attached is a picture of a nano as it looks tonight that I am experimenting with the Reefresh system. It has a very heavy load in it, with 3 shrimp, 2 seahorses and 2 red banded pipefish that are eating mysis.

The tank has about 20 different colors of zoos, 30 different ricordia colors, a 3"+ Superman danae, 5 or 6 echinos and numerous acans including a maxima - All in a 12 gallon JBJ with 96 watts of PC lighting.

I am running no filtration on the tank other than live rock and carbon. I am dosing the Reefresh system daily and have not done a water change on the tank in over 6 weeks. My nitrates are at 0 and phosphates at 0.03. I clean the glass maybe once every 2 weeks when there is a very light film.

Hope this helps. I know that is is not an SPS dominated system but it is an indication of how it keeps nutrients down in a system.

Cheers,

Derek
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP3983.jpg (154.1 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-17-2006, 12:10 AM

Here are some pictures of a friends tank who is also experimenting with the system. Not to talk about other forums but this is Klay's tank from AP. It is a 180 Gallon.

Derek
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25581.JPG (76.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 25582.JPG (93.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 25583.JPG (88.2 KB, 81 views)
Old 04-17-2006, 12:48 AM

cprowler is on a distinguished road

Last edited by cprowler; 06-14-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:30 AM

Willow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Willow Send a message via Yahoo to Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by estey
Here are some pictures of a friends tank who is also experimenting with the system. Not to talk about other forums but this is Klay's tank from AP. It is a 180 Gallon.

Derek
wooo large polyp dave has always had a lps inspiring tank!

90 Gallon LPS tank - Challice, Acans, Favia, Diplo and Zoos
125 Gallon SPS Coming Soon!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:27 AM

crusty1 is on a distinguished road

Just thought I'd pipe in.....read the instructions closely on the RF Fuel. I had a brainfart when I was dosing this, and was dosing 5ml per 25 gallons instead of .05ml!!! No harm to my tank, but a damn expensive mistake. Best of luck with the system. I have only just started to use it two days ago.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:19 AM

Mike Olson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
for some you have, but 1 question has been asked 2 or 3 times and you have just ignored it, could you please answer it and if you don't know just say that or take a guess. this is a question that would impact a lot of your users as not many have conditions which you require for the use of your product.

Psyire, what were all your water peramiters befor you though of starting to use this and what are they now that you are?

estey, what are you using to measure your Phosphates?

Steve
I stated in my report that my Nitrates were at 5 when I started....they have ALWAYS been between 5-10....I feed the tank heavily for my numerous fish and corals (maybe too much!) I have stayed with the same regimen and am now getting 0 readings. My PO4 has always read 0....I do not own one of the True PO4 readers though...just a salifert tester
180g tank(6x2x2) w/170lbs LR, 2-250W 1-400W Halides, 2-3ft t5 Actinics,H&S 1260 200 Skimmer, 1-Tunze 6000stream w/controller, 1-6060stream, 70g sump, 30g refugium Neptune controller, Sequence Hammerhead inline return, Lifeguard 25W UV, 1-Tunze osmolator, 1-Tunze wavebox, 1/4Hp Pacific Coast chiller, MarineTech calcium reactor
Old 04-17-2006, 07:42 AM

sumpfinfishe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sumpfinfishe

Derek you showed some images of a friends tank, yes the tank does look great and bursting with color-then again most fully stocked LPS or SPS tanks usually do.

I, like Jamie and others in this thread would like to see not just the result of- but instead before and after results, and I'm not talking a year apart either as many variables come into play during that length of time. I have heard from a few people now that "oh my/there tank/corals look amazing in only a week/month of using this product line". There must be someone using these products locally by now who has images recorded of both before and during use of this product.

If someone is going to start using this product soon and doesn't have time/access to take some digital images, I would be more than happy to drop by and take some snaps of your system!

I also have a question for Poly Lab;

If a person was running a skimmer on there system that was just able to keep up with removing the nutrients out of there reef or running at 100% efficiency without them knowing so, wouldn't the results of using this product do more harm than good?

Finally by no means am I trying to bash or act negative toward this product, instead I am simply trying to understand it in every aspect.

all that we do is touched with ocean,
yet we remain on the shore of what we know
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/5/aquarium

Last edited by sumpfinfishe; 04-17-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 AM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default SHOW ME THE MONEY.... I mean pics

Lets see pics pics pics In our hobby and this industry, two things talk. MONEY and PICTURES.

On the depressing part about money, I wish I could afford this product but with the water volume that I will have in the near future and with the products in its current size of bottles, it will only last me 2-3 weeks. Thats the crappy part about going big- everything just costs more!!