Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Ontario

Old 09-06-2010, 01:00 PM

uslanja is on a distinguished road

Thanks phyto4life and mark0933! We normally shop in the USA and there are several very nice stores in the Buffalo to Rochester corridor, but we would like to support Canadian vendors if possible. Thanks for the info, that gives us a couple of places to check out and see what they have!

Dave & Tracy
Old 09-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

If you go over our sponsor list, we have several from Ontario, plus most of the best online stores in Canada to order from.

Just thought I would throw that in the mix.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:25 PM

meenamjah is on a distinguished road

hometown is Toronto~~! but stuck in Calgary atm...
Old 09-19-2010, 08:23 PM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

London, ON. No tank setup yet but I have 95% of the equipment I need. Light is on order from ReefGeek and waiting for a rock/sand shipment from eco-reefer at the end of the month.

I ordered most of my stuff from JL Aquatics which had good prices on everything but Lights. I have my US stuff shipped to the boarder than just go and pick it up (make a day trip out of it with the family). Its about a 45 minute drive to the boarder from my driveway.

I've been recommended to Fadelle Marine in St. Mary's for coral and livestock but i havent had a chance to go for everything is still in their original boxes

Last edited by phi delt reefer; 12-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:06 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Welcom phi delt reefer. I used to live in London but now Im in Woodstock. I know what you mean about the stores in London. For livestock you will probably be best to make trips to the stores in east gta area. What you will save in $ and get in quality is far better. Stores like Oakville Reef Gallery, Aquatic Kingdom, Reef Raft. Also a little further are North American Fish Breeders and Sea U Marine. Oh and the oakville and mississuaga big als are pretty good for fish.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 PM

MrGoodbytes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MrGoodbytes

I'm in London too (sort of north-west end) and wouldn't mind some new LFSs too. Oakville Reef Gallery is the only one I've been to in the GTA since I don't have a car (it's a 10 minute walk from the VIA station :P) but it was full of gorgeous corals and they're quite friendly.

I had no idea there was a LFS in St Mary's.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbytes View Post
I'm in London too (sort of north-west end) and wouldn't mind some new LFSs too. Oakville Reef Gallery is the only one I've been to in the GTA since I don't have a car (it's a 10 minute walk from the VIA station :P) but it was full of gorgeous corals and they're quite friendly.

I had no idea there was a LFS in St Mary's.

Hey MrGoodbytes! - I am in the North East End (by Sherwood forest mall). My parents live in Oakville as do my kids' godparents so we make the drive every few months. I got some fraternity brothers in Kitchener which have an solid Big Als location though equipment selection is limited.

I placed an order for some lighting equipment with Reefgeek that i will be paying for/having shipped next week. If you need some bulbs (saw you tank thread) place an order with them and have them shipped to the border (look up US Shipping port Huron). I am going across to port huron in a few weeks to pick it up, you can tag along and grab your order if you want as well. THere is a BRS group buy somewhere on this forum as well - you can do the same with them, i have stuff at hte shipping place already waiting from BRS as well

cheer

Last edited by phi delt reefer; 09-23-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: wrong location posted
Old 09-24-2010, 05:00 PM

MrGoodbytes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MrGoodbytes

Hey phi delt,

I may get in on the group buy if there's time but I have to make sure it's in the budget :P. I do need new lamps though...

Thanks for the offer on the border trip too. Unfortunately, I don't have a passport right now so I don't think I could tag along. Which place do you ship it to in Port Huron? Doesn't BRS already cover brokerage trans-border shipping? Sorry, bit of a n00b when it comes to ordering from the States.

Graeme
Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 PM

BRS charges 15% which is the taxes plus some of the brokerage cost (they absorb the rest) - the shipping fees are usually around 20+ dollars on top of that. Shipping to the border is only like 5-10 bucks (slow ground but usually only takes a few days). I just drive over and grab it then bring it back. I did it with a set of $2000 rims for my car. Saved 600 bucks
Old 09-24-2010, 09:24 PM

Atomikk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
Welcom phi delt reefer. I used to live in London but now Im in Woodstock. I know what you mean about the stores in London. For livestock you will probably be best to make trips to the stores in east gta area. What you will save in $ and get in quality is far better. Stores like Oakville Reef Gallery, Aquatic Kingdom, Reef Raft. Also a little further are North American Fish Breeders and Sea U Marine. Oh and the oakville and mississuaga big als are pretty good for fish.
Don't forget the best online retailer Fragd.it If you can't find anything good at those locations in the GTA, or just want frags to start your tank out, we are the best place to start.