Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-27-2009, 03:38 AM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

Came home...to find our house broken into and computers, cameras and a tv missing....(in rural Alberta...REALLY?!?!) so no pics of the build. I'll grab some pictures once things calm down here though....sorry Karazy
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:44 AM

karazy is on a distinguished road

omg! no apology necessary randi! that's just terrible that that would happen!
i really hope you guys are doing okay,
and i hope that that never happens ever again.

you gotta think though, wouldn't a robber be atleast a lil afraid of the sharks and gars?
maybe you need lasers that attach to their heads!

hope its not too early for jokes.
again, so sorry to hear that that happened.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 AM

not too early at all!

When I saw they had ransacked the house we ran to the quanset...the doors were open but I think once they saw the tanks they left. The quanset is divided into two sections, the tanks are in the front half and the cars are kept behind them. Had they walked around the back of the quanset they would have seen the garage-style door and probably figured it out...

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of people even having the remote idea of where to go....I mean...if you blink you miss the drive into the property....bloody hell
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear. That really sucks. Cops have any ideas?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:00 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbacchiega View Post
Came home...to find our house broken into and computers, cameras and a tv missing....(in rural Alberta...REALLY?!?!) so no pics of the build. I'll grab some pictures once things calm down here though....sorry Karazy
OMG! That sucks! I hope the cops find who did it
Old 01-27-2009, 04:00 AM

they don't even know when it happened. We were gone for a week. So that's the time frame they are giving me. (thumbs up for lolcal authority) They suggest that we change the locks (really?! wow) And look at putting a lock on our entrance gate...which would entitle us actually closing it...which we didn't normally do.

My guess is that once they got the computer, cameras and tv (and proceeded to dump the contents of my fridge on the floor...and steal all our booze) they took off. They never went into the basement or the cold room.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:05 AM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

That sucks! Kids with nothing better to do in the country than get into trouble I imagine.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 01-27-2009, 04:34 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear this. All the animals ok?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 01-27-2009, 04:35 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbacchiega View Post

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of people even having the remote idea of where to go....I mean...if you blink you miss the drive into the property....bloody hell
Oh man I am so sorry to hear this!

Sounds to me like they knew of the house then and that there may have been some nice stuff to take

My last place was broken into a few years back. Frickin' guys walked out the FRONT door of my apartment with my 50" TV, computer, ect. ect. and when the police asked the neighbor if they heard/saw anything he said something like "oh yeah I saw the guys moving your stuff...never really thought to call the police or anything, thought they were suppose to be moving it"

They also messed with the tank but didn't really hurt anything. Just unplugged it all for some reason. They also went through my fiances closet and had thrown her underwear all over the place. She went shopping the next day to replace it all...so, so weird.

Actually the one of the same cops "helped" us that night as when they almost broke down our door one morning trying to bust us for having some kind of grow op going on in our apartment, only to find out its just three aquariums. Man they wouldn't even let us get dressed before they searched the place.

Sorry...getting way off topic
Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 AM

All the critters are good, they live downstairs and whoever broke in didn't go down there.

I don't know how whoever did this could have figured out what we have though. I mean, I'm 13 miles from Strathmore and 30ish kms from Gleichen...so it's a trek either way.

At least they didn't trash the house too bad. Important family pictures were left alone. I think once they found the booze cabinet they took what they could and left. And because of the trees and everything we kept in place for privacy, no body would even have a clue that the house was being broken into when they drove by.