Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aquatics Elite

Old 05-16-2010, 09:32 PM

Aquatics Elite is on a distinguished road
Default Sfiligoi VISION Plasma Lighting

Sfiligoi has broadened their already impressive model lineup with the introduction of their plasma, or LIFI, fixture. Sfiligoi has taken the design of their already successful flagship Infinity XR6 and implemented this new plasma technology. Sfiligoi Vision offers the following features:

- "Electrode Less" Plasma system
- Complete Light Emission system, very similar to sunlight
- Long life, up to 50 000hrs
- Increased output at much lesser consumption
- Dimmable between 100-20%

Pic of the prototype:

North American Distributor of SFILIGOI Technologies

www.aquaticselite.com

info@aquaticselite.com
Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Stones is on a distinguished road

Nice to see a manufacturer finally picking up on this new technology and building a fixture marketed specifially for the marine hobbyist. Hats off to Sfiligoi. How long before the plasma and the new LED models will be available for purchase Tim?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post
Nice to see a manufacturer finally picking up on this new technology and building a fixture marketed specifially for the marine hobbyist. Hats off to Sfiligoi. How long before the plasma and the new LED models will be available for purchase Tim?
I believe I will be able to start bringing the Led fixtures in 1-2 months time and the Plasma may be a couple more months out. Fingers crossed its before the fall season. Pricing is still up in the air.

www.aquaticselite.com

info@aquaticselite.com
Old 05-17-2010, 01:06 AM

TheKid is on a distinguished road

So the little thing next to the coin is the only thing that needs to be replaced like a bulb?

~*~*Stefan*~*~
Formally known as Svaningen
35 gallon Red Sea Max
Only 16 years old!!!!
CALL AFTER 3:00 ON WEEKDAYS. 604 782 3313
Old 05-17-2010, 01:47 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Very impressive looking lights, I read an article on the plasma lights but wasn't expecting them to be coming out so soon. Very interested in the price. It will be interesting to see if it effects the market for the metal halide pricing. That is if it takes off and is succesful.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaningen View Post
So the little thing next to the coin is the only thing that needs to be replaced like a bulb?
Yes thats the lamp!

www.aquaticselite.com

info@aquaticselite.com
Old 05-17-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum14 View Post
Very impressive looking lights, I read an article on the plasma lights but wasn't expecting them to be coming out so soon. Very interested in the price. It will be interesting to see if it effects the market for the metal halide pricing. That is if it takes off and is succesful.
I am expecting this pricing to be very high as is all new aquarium lighting technologies eg. LED a couple years ago. I will have some more insight later this week.

www.aquaticselite.com

info@aquaticselite.com
Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatics Elite View Post
I am expecting this pricing to be very high as is all new aquarium lighting technologies eg. LED a couple years ago. I will have some more insight later this week.
LED a few years ago? I think there still up there, but I agree its still new technology. I saw one the other week, simulated lightning,fully dimmable from side to side to simulate sunrise and sunset and everything, awesome looking light but I think they were expecting like $6000 for a 72" so id have to say there still up there. Im more curious if it will make the power hungry metal halides, or the lesser output T5's drop as they will be old news. In all though if they are as good as the article made them sound it may just be worth the money. Got to factor in bulb savings and energy savings over life of the unit, and well I guess a guy looks at light output per $ of operating too.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum14 View Post
LED a few years ago? I think there still up there, but I agree its still new technology. I saw one the other week, simulated lightning,fully dimmable from side to side to simulate sunrise and sunset and everything, awesome looking light but I think they were expecting like $6000 for a 72" so id have to say there still up there. Im more curious if it will make the power hungry metal halides, or the lesser output T5's drop as they will be old news. In all though if they are as good as the article made them sound it may just be worth the money. Got to factor in bulb savings and energy savings over life of the unit, and well I guess a guy looks at light output per $ of operating too.
A perfect analogy would be hybrid vehicles. You pay a premium for them but in the end, factoring in the reduced fuel consumption, did you really save much?

I would most be concerned with the light technology's performance. MH lamps are a proven means to providing adequate lighting conditions in order for our $1000's worth of corals to not only survive, but thrive. I would hope to see corals respond with a more healthy development rather than try to save $100 a year in hydro.

I guess it is a wait and see as with all technologies. Maybe I may be fortunate enough to swap out one of my Infinity pendants for one of these plasma units and test its performance.

www.aquaticselite.com

info@aquaticselite.com
Old 05-17-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatics Elite View Post
A perfect analogy would be hybrid vehicles. You pay a premium for them but in the end, factoring in the reduced fuel consumption, did you really save much?

I would most be concerned with the light technology's performance. MH lamps are a proven means to providing adequate lighting conditions in order for our $1000's worth of corals to not only survive, but thrive. I would hope to see corals respond with a more healthy development rather than try to save $100 a year in hydro.

I guess it is a wait and see as with all technologies. Maybe I may be fortunate enough to swap out one of my Infinity pendants for one of these plasma units and test its performance.
I agree 100% hence the " if it takes off and is successful ". If you can get the same or better light performance but at a cheaper energy cost and maintence cost, someone might put out a little more in the beginning to make up over time. If not leave it alone (who cares if you can have a lightning storm right?) Looking forward to hear the results if you do get to use one. Must be fun getting all this new stuff to "test run".