Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-21-2013, 05:17 PM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

I think I'm going to leave it as is for now, just for the way my plumbing is set up now I like it coming off my return. I do have options tho, the way the plumbing is with the union i can turn off the second return unhook it and turn it to flow into the fuge and re-connect it if i wanted to do that down the road the plumbing is long enough and the angle is ok.

I dont see myself having a problem growing pods out and i've seen fuges supplied from both way(return and overflow) and have done good each way both have there pros and cons. I think im going to stick to this unless I see a less than ideal pod production.

Also waiting for the lights and RO machine are going to be the end of me can't help looking at this empty tank in my living room any more lol
Old 10-21-2013, 05:20 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
Also waiting for the lights and RO machine are going to be the end of me can't help looking at this empty tank in my living room any more lol
Get used to it. This hobby is all about waiting. And then some more waiting after that. A year from now you'll still be waiting for something

Last edited by kien; 10-21-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:24 PM

True i guess lol
Old 10-22-2013, 01:29 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I didn't realize you have a second pump
Problem solved

How long 'till you're salty ?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:22 AM

RO machine should be here this week and that's Basicly what I'm waiting on now so hopefully this weekend I can get this think aquascaped and all wet
Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 AM

Well in true reefing fashion after waiting for everything to come it... it all came at once RO/DI and the lights all came today so got right to work. Ro/Di machine set up now just flushing the filters tonight and ill start making water tomorrow and on the second heat sink of the lights

Old 10-25-2013, 05:08 AM

Lights are going to be tricky when the tank swap happens cause I can only run one tank at a time and when I put the lights on the new tank the only tank will be without lights and don't have another light (other than a par38 for the fuge) but ill cross that bridge when I come to it
Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 AM

Well water sand and rocks are in! The right side is mostly bear cause I have about 50 pounds coming from the other tank going there that will be a zoo garden and I'm going to make the structure connect to the 3rd island (ill take some close up shots of the rock work tomorrow )

Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
Well water sand and rocks are in! The right side is mostly bear cause I have about 50 pounds coming from the other tank going there that will be a zoo garden and I'm going to make the structure connect to the 3rd island (ill take some close up shots of the rock work tomorrow )

Looking good
Old 10-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Hey guys,

I need some hell in tuning the herbie overflow I can't seem to get it silent and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong is anyone able to give me a start to finish how to tune it

Im not sure if I have to much water or dialing it wrong or? My return pump is a DC controllable so I can ramp it up or down as well. Maybe I have to many variables

Do I just set my return pump then leave that and mess with my overflow ?

It seems that the noise is mostly coming from the water falling into the overflow not slurping or gurgling from the pipes

Thanks a lot