Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-08-2008, 05:39 AM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

I was having problems with my light (ballast and bulbs) and found it wasn't intense enough for the clams so I upgraded the light over my shallow tank from the Viper 70 to a 250 watt metal halide. The light is too intense for the zoas and mushrooms I had in there so I did some major rearranging. Here's what the three tanks look like now.

some closeups

Last edited by Brent F; 04-08-2008 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent F View Post
One of my turbos likes coming right out of the water. Here it is from earlier today on the shore. I must not be feeding him enough. He is regularly out eating the algae above the water line.
My snails always get above the water line. all types margs and turbos. the new set looks great. quite the sand bed in the one tank.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 PM

your last post i believe is of the max and it looks like you have gotten rid of one of the original PH's and added a koralia in its place is this the case?
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 04-08-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
your last post i believe is of the max and it looks like you have gotten rid of one of the original PH's and added a koralia in its place is this the case?
No, it is a "Hydor FLO" attached to the stock Red Sea powerhead nozzle

The deep sandbed in the Nanocube 6 is for a jawfish
Old 04-13-2008, 04:35 AM

Here's my latest addition hiding under a clam. It's a Frogfish. The Pajama Cardinal had to be moved to another tank to make room for this guy. They can swallow fish close to their own size so aren't compatible with much else. Great fish for a clam and urchin only tank.

Here's a picture showing the diffence in light between the Red Sea Max and the 250W metal halide over the open tank
Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 AM

I'm tired of my urchins tearing up my SPS so decided to setup another tank to move the urchins to. I picked up a 90 gal, a 67 gal and ASM G1-X skimmer used for a third the cost of my RSM. This will be setup as a FOWLR tank with a refugium in the sump setup as a second display.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

So this is tank #4? Sweet! I'm planning tank #2, and am out of room already.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:43 AM

Finally got a jawfish for the deep sand bed in my nanocube 6

Frog fish day 1 and 10 days later. It is closer to the rock colour now

)
Old 04-22-2008, 04:56 AM

Nice jawfish i have a pearly in my RSM. he is awsome lots of personality. give him at least a week befor he starts to dig........ i hope you have a good rock base.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
Nice jawfish i have a pearly in my RSM. he is awsome lots of personality. give him at least a week befor he starts to dig........ i hope you have a good rock base.
Near the top of page 7 there's a picture of the sand base. It's a mix of sand, live rock rubble and crushed shells