Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post

Prizes awarded for:

- Best Tank
- Most innovative

Sponsored Prize:

- Best Theme (Donated by Red Coral Aquariums)

- The winners will receive a gift certificate to the Canreef sponsor/vendor of their choice, taken from the entry fees.

- Basically, we'll take all the $$ contributed for the entry fee and divide it up into 3 equal portions for the winning gift certificates.
Sorry just curious... why will the $$ be divided into 3 equal portions if the one prize is a sponsored one??

Won't it just be divided into 2 for "best tank" and "most innovative"

Just Curious
Old 11-07-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
)
- Do Not miss the Nov 15th Deadline. (ie: Tank must be up and running wet)
Again just to clarify... everyone must have water in the tank by November 15th?? With rock? What about live stock? Will there be any other dates that stuff must be done by besides the monthly photo?

Just curious... cause I don't want to accidentally get disqualified
Old 11-07-2008, 07:48 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
Sorry just curious... why will the $$ be divided into 3 equal portions if the one prize is a sponsored one??

Won't it just be divided into 2 for "best tank" and "most innovative"

Just Curious
Best Tank
- 5.5G
- 10G
- Most innovative between everything.

Red Coral doesn't come out of the entry fee.

Quote:
Again just to clarify... everyone must have water in the tank by November 15th?? With rock? What about live stock? Will there be any other dates that stuff must be done by besides the monthly photo?

Just curious... cause I don't want to accidentally get disqualified
Water w/ Live Rock..

Monthly photo needs to be accompanied by budget update on the 15th of every month.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988

Last edited by JDigital; 11-07-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Best Tank
- 5.5G
- 10G
- Most innovative between everything.

Red Coral doesn't come out of the entry fee.

Water w/ Live Rock..

Monthly photo needs to be accompanied by budget update on the 15th of every month.
Ok... ic... ic

Dang should have went 5.5G better odds... could have been competing against 3 people for 1/3 the $$ opposed to 10 for the same amount... because all the money is evenly split right? Not just the 5.5G entry fees for the 5.5G "best tank" and the 10 gallon fees for the 10 gallon prize?

Interesting...?

Anyway... the more people I beat I guess the more glory I'll have and that is priceless and now I think I know everything I need to know to avoid getting DQed

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Ok... ic... ic

Dang should have went 5.5G better odds... could have been competing against 3 people for 1/3 the $$ opposed to 10 for the same amount... because all the money is evenly split right? Not just the 5.5G entry fees for the 5.5G "best tank" and the 10 gallon fees for the 10 gallon prize?

Interesting...?

Anyway... the more people I beat I guess the more glory I'll have and that is priceless and now I think I know everything I need to know to avoid getting DQed

Thanks

sorry, I never copy and pasted from the very original contest post.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...31&postcount=1

All categories were listed there.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-09-2008, 07:57 PM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

I have a question regarding picture taking and posting dates. We are supposed to post a picture on the 15th of every month. What date can we actually take the picture. What happens if someone has to work a shift out of town for a few days including the 15th or if somehas has to go on a 2 week holiday with the 15th falling in the middle of the holiday?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:02 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

I'm sure no one is going to crucify you if you don't get it in on time but I'm not the boss lol!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
I have a question regarding picture taking and posting dates. We are supposed to post a picture on the 15th of every month. What date can we actually take the picture. What happens if someone has to work a shift out of town for a few days including the 15th or if somehas has to go on a 2 week holiday with the 15th falling in the middle of the holiday?
Post prior to any deadline. Just write a note in your post that it is for the Monthly FTS (also make sure your budget is upto date too).

Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 AM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

Soooooooooooo........

whats going on with all the people that havnt updated their threads with the mandatory FTS?

Also, maybe for the people that have already dropped out, they can have their threads deleted or moved so that only people actually left in the nano build are in the forum. Less cluster.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap View Post
Soooooooooooo........

whats going on with all the people that havnt updated their threads with the mandatory FTS?

Also, maybe for the people that have already dropped out, they can have their threads deleted or moved so that only people actually left in the nano build are in the forum. Less cluster.
I guess they're out?? Which sucks... I would like there to be as many as possible to vote from at the end.

I agree it'll make it a little easier to follow who's still in the competition... or I guess we could just make an updated list??