Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post

All I know is that I am happy with mine
And that's really all that matters
Old 01-02-2009, 03:26 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFX View Post
It's probably to do with keeping down the bandwidth they use up as most people wont notice the difference between 1080p & 1080i.

actualy you can see quite a differance between 1080p and 1080i, its not as close as people think. but yes it is good enough for most.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If Shaw broadcast at 1080p, I'd have to have a 1080p-compatible set (or a new box to handle the downconvert), and I don't. Neither do 99% of the other HD customers.
as for needing the converter, the shaw HD box will down convert to 780p also, so that isn't an issue, but then again if you knew you couldn't suport HD would you buy the Shaw HD box? To get shaw HD you have to have the shaw box like the shaw digital, it is not a HD broadcast that everyone has access to with out paying more. Same as the satalite companies, different boxes more money, ect..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
very few people will ever notice the difference between 720p and 1080p, unless they've got a killer setup, and are pretty close to their sets. Our eyes just aren't that good. Of course, expectation bias will convince many people that the bigger number is better.

I used to tell myself this to justify not buying a new TV also, like I said in a different post there is quite a differance and you don't need a killer set up. go to a store which has a blueray on a couple LCD tv's tell them to change the output on one to 1080i and the other at 1080p and you can see a difference. no it is not hugh, and most would probably not worry about it but it is easy to see a difference.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.