Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-06-2015, 04:16 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoreef View Post
As for possibly considering dropping UV, i dont have a sand bed at all anymore, what else would be anti-zeo?
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
You should not be running uv, gfo, or any aggressive carbon like ROX. Until you reach ULNS, you should only be using Start, Bak, sponge power and the stones. Nothing else.
Also, if that was my tank, I wouldn't be adding any Cyclopeeze or any other type of water column feeding. I'd feed the fish, and dose the basic Zeo additives that Warren mentioned, and maybe K-Balance because the Zeolites are going to pull the K out. The point of all the algae-fueling additives is to feed the corals after the system has become an ULNS. Using those additives beforehand is working against you.

SPS fanatic.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:40 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I skimmed through this but didn't read what light spectrum you were running. I'm sure it's in your build thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to go check so maybe you can remind us? I saw you were running Radeons and T5s for 8 hours?? What bulbs are in the T5s that you're running and what spectrum out of the Radeons (sorry I don't know much a bout the LEDs).
Old 07-07-2015, 12:29 AM

hfp75 is on a distinguished road

Why use egg crate on a bare bottom 2" up?
Old 07-07-2015, 04:26 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I skimmed through this but didn't read what light spectrum you were running. I'm sure it's in your build thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to go check so maybe you can remind us? I saw you were running Radeons and T5s for 8 hours?? What bulbs are in the T5s that you're running and what spectrum out of the Radeons (sorry I don't know much a bout the LEDs).
T5 were running for 8hrs - korallen bulbs fiji purple and superblues

leds for 10hrs with 1hr ramp up to full blue for 1 hr, then 8hrs at 30% full everything exept red and green channels.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfp75 View Post
Why use egg crate on a bare bottom 2" up?
to organize my frags so they dont bother each other, why not? am i missing something???
Old 07-07-2015, 04:53 AM

removed uv, am going to stop dosing all but zeobac, zeostart and sponge power, and maybe coral snow in a month if anyting looks hungry...ordered an avast marine zeovibe reactor, planning on dosing directly into reactor from doser(zeobac and start). Also got a magnificent foxface to hopefully help with algae... tank already looks "dirty" without uv, this normal for a bit?

Old 07-07-2015, 02:46 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoreef View Post
T5 were running for 8hrs - korallen bulbs fiji purple and superblues
Do you have something you could swap out the Fiji Purple with for now? Purple/Pink bulbs are excellent algae growers for tanks with this weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoreef
removed uv, am going to stop dosing all but zeobac, zeostart and sponge power, and maybe coral snow in a month if anyting looks hungry...ordered an avast marine zeovibe reactor, planning on dosing directly into reactor from doser(zeobac and start). Also got a magnificent foxface to hopefully help with algae... tank already looks "dirty" without uv, this normal for a bit?
Sounds like a good plan! Fwiw, Coral Snow is not a food - using it now is fine. The pics of your Foxface that shows corals in the background - they do not look hungry in any shape, way, or form. Imo, you have a long way to go before the corals will be hungry looking.

SPS fanatic.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:59 PM

reef-keeper is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem. Battled algae for about three months. Found Dr. Tim's Waste away and used this product. Worked very well. 100% natural and won't hurt inverts or fish. Now I just add it after I do a water change.