Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKLion View Post
Hi everyone...As some of you know I have a wholesale farming business that for several years has been supplying corals to many of the vendors you have come to love and is now venturing into retail. We have supplied Canada's Coral Auction House with corals. The Montipora picture in question was used with permission after they purchased the coral. Further more they are passionate hobbyists who love reefing
Hi RK, their passion for the hobby is not being questioned but how they sell is. They have a tendancy of using the same pic over and over again. In many cases this would be considered "false advertising", no? Sure, their pictures are saturated to the extreme but the coral received by the buyer should at least have resemblance in terms of shape etc... There has been many requests for actual pictures of the corals and the admins seems to be able to successfully fail well at this by either deleting the post or simply ignoring it. They have written the rules in how everyone should be conducting themselves, perhaps they should set an example and follow these rules.
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi everyone...As some of you know I have a wholesale farming business that for several years has been supplying corals to many of the vendors you have come to love and is now venturing into retail. We have supplied Canada's Coral Auction House with corals. The Montipora picture in question was used with permission after they purchased the coral. Further more they are passionate hobbyists who love reefing

This is such BS +! Seems to me they are making fake accounts now. Seems like we need to send a message to RK on the original site haha..

If it was used with permission, why the hell would you black the background like a bunch of rookies??

It really stinks here!! BS BS
Old 09-14-2015, 05:20 PM

RKLion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
I call BS
What exactly are you calling BS?...
Old 09-14-2015, 05:26 PM

RKLion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepumping View Post
This is such BS +! Seems to me they are making fake accounts now. Seems like we need to send a message to RK on the original site haha..

If it was used with permission, why the hell would you black the background like a bunch of rookies??

It really stinks here!! BS BS
Lol take a look at how a lot of wholesalers and vendors take pics. You shoot the coral on a black background so the focus is on the coral. Feel free to contact me on GTAA...Rookies lololol...
Old 09-14-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
What exactly are you calling BS?...
This account. !!!
Old 09-14-2015, 05:28 PM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

ok ill chime in...

i have purchased 1 piece from said people, it arrived in murky water and stunk as soon as i opened it coral was barely alive and died... not happy but i figured ill give them one more try....

So far all these points are totally valid aout the photos, most of you have seen my tank and my photos, there is no reson to edit them as such, it has screwed theyre credibility. i barely edit the lighting, brightness and luminiosity but not colours, and i certanly dont need to black out edeges for a clean picture, its called cropping...

I have placed an order for some high end acros, so i will put up a solid review of how my order transpires.

I will be honest and take my own photos upon arrival, if they are close to the pictures (Heaven and Hell, Blue Matrix) and alive i will be happy.

Stay tuned for some cool coral photos or watch one ****ed off customer retaliate.

PS: Coralfarms.ca has the same stuff she does for half the price....not an auction, found out after placing an order..
Old 09-14-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Lol take a look at how a lot of wholesalers and vendors take pics. You shoot the coral on a black background so the focus is on the coral. Feel free to contact me on GTAA...Rookies lololol...
Pm me your number. I'll ask you a simple question..
Old 09-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Colony Growing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepumping View Post
Pm me your number. I'll ask you a simple question..
WILL THE REAL RK LION PLEASE STAND UP? LOL

Doubt we will get a response...
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 09-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Colony Growing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoreef View Post
ok ill chime in...

i have purchased 1 piece from said people, it arrived in murky water and stunk as soon as i opened it coral was barely alive and died... not happy but i figured ill give them one more try....

So far all these points are totally valid aout the photos, most of you have seen my tank and my photos, there is no reson to edit them as such, it has screwed theyre credibility. i barely edit the lighting, brightness and luminiosity but not colours, and i certanly dont need to black out edeges for a clean picture, its called cropping...

I have placed an order for some high end acros, so i will put up a solid review of how my order transpires.

I will be honest and take my own photos upon arrival, if they are close to the pictures (Heaven and Hell, Blue Matrix) and alive i will be happy.

Stay tuned for some cool coral photos or watch one ****ed off customer retaliate.

PS: Coralfarms.ca has the same stuff she does for half the price....not an auction, found out after placing an order..

Good Luck with your order. I can tell you that their blue matrix picture is not going to resemble your piece.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:00 PM

Silence!!! From RK. . Waiting your pm !