Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-31-2014, 03:53 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
I'm trying to get some life back in my SPS as some are too pale and growing slowly

I've cut my lighting down a bit and it's helping, but I'd like to improve them some more
If you have the room for it adding fish is probably one of the best things you can do for sps , keep in mind wrasses are low bioload fish as in they don't graze and hunt foods that really done have a lot of waste.

At 75g you could still do a few fish m sure.

Do the ammo acids but be be fair warned they are strong stuff when dosed directly to the water column .

If your only getting an inch of skimmate a week and it's a wet skim then there's an issue with your skimmer , obviously it's not impacting your nitrates but still none the less you should be getting more than that.

I'm assume your using a good nitrate test kit and have verified it's accurate?

For what it's worth I know your phos is 0.04 but gfo has been linked to pale sps colors , it's not a guarantee but lots of sps guys on RCblame the gfo for the pale colors. Even randy says it can make sps pale in colors.

Cheers buddy

Denny
Old 05-31-2014, 04:46 AM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. My tank is at 4 1/2 months, and nutrients bottomed out a couple of weeks ago. Some of the corals lightened quite a bit... but some are lovin' it. The flower pedal monti in the bottom of the tank went a real pale yellow. I've dial back the light a few times, and dosed AA, and everything starting to get color back slowly.

It would be nice to get some more fish, but I have a wr******* Sixline that would likely kill anything that's not twice it's size.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:55 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer Rob View Post
I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. My tank is at 4 1/2 months, and nutrients bottomed out a couple of weeks ago. Some of the corals lightened quite a bit... but some are lovin' it. The flower pedal monti in the bottom of the tank went a real pale yellow. I've dial back the light a few times, and dosed AA, and everything starting to get color back slowly.

It would be nice to get some more fish, but I have a wr******* Sixline that would likely kill anything that's not twice it's size.
I had me one of those two and I tell anyone who asks a six line can be brutal once it gets to a large size , its the most territorial fish I had to deal with killed lots of new comers and was relentless.