Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I usaly stay out of this one but what the heck.. BV has been around a long time, I talked to mitch about a tank about 9 years ago but decided on a smaller tank that I got a smoking deal on. would I buy a tank from BV ya.. I know it will take longer than said, I know mitch can be a bit hard to deal with but his work is good and his tanks have been shipped all over the US and canada. and I have never heard of anyone being disapointed with the tank, only the time it took. and if I was a major supplier for pet stores I would tend to put there business first over the walk ins also..

so.. armed with the knowlage of it going to take longer than your told, and maing sure your specifications and requirments are on paper, and actualy going to the store to make sure his understanding of your wants are the same as yours and you will have a good experiance..

I don't know anyone who would order a custom tank and it be imparitive to have it in 4 days, or even 2 weeks.. like anything else in this hobby.. paitents is a virtue.. so order stuff way befor you need it.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:18 PM

Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I don't know anyone who would order a custom tank and it be imparitive to have it in 4 days, or even 2 weeks.. like anything else in this hobby.. paitents is a virtue.. so order stuff way befor you need it.

I had a 125 gallon tank (48" wide 20" depth 30" tall) made by Mitch at Bow Valley 8 months ago.

It was for a buddy of mine out of town that we were going to visit.
My buddy was sitting on the fence as to wether or not he needed another tank.

I called Mitch TWO days before we were to leave and asked to have the tank made up. Well he made it that day, and gave it a day to dry in his shop.
Price was discussed over the phone and no money exchanged hands till I picked it up.

This was a freshwater tank. So there was no overflows, holes drilled, etc.
I told him overall dimensions and that he wanted it eurobraced.

I'm sure that if I wanted to nit pick and have an overflow installed 12.25" from the edge, 2.375" from the bottom, with 3 holes drilled x" apart and so on, he would have not wanted to deal with me on short notice.

Most of the places that I called took longer to get back to me with their quotes than he had it made in.

Anyone thats ever been to the shop knows that he is constantly answering the phone to as an example people looking to have a 10 gallon tank made for cheaper than Walmart.

If he had someone who was controlling the front end more, rather than him working and answering the phone at the same time, im sure that most of the complaints would disappear.

When the time comes, I will buy a tank from him again.
67 Gallon Mixed Reef, Modular LED Lights

Send in the Clowns - Clown Fish Breeding
5 Gallon Fry Hatchery and 15 Gallon Clown Grow Out Tank
Old 12-16-2009, 09:45 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I had a 125 gallon tank (48" wide 20" depth 30" tall) made by Mitch at Bow Valley 8 months ago.

It was for a buddy of mine out of town that we were going to visit.
My buddy was sitting on the fence as to wether or not he needed another tank.

I called Mitch TWO days before we were to leave and asked to have the tank made up. Well he made it that day, and gave it a day to dry in his shop.
Price was discussed over the phone and no money exchanged hands till I picked it up.

Ok, so now I know some one who needed a custom tank fast

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 PM

Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Ok, so now I know some one who needed a custom tank fast
Steve
He survived a helicopter crash and had the realization that he shouldn't wait for one day...
67 Gallon Mixed Reef, Modular LED Lights

Send in the Clowns - Clown Fish Breeding
5 Gallon Fry Hatchery and 15 Gallon Clown Grow Out Tank