Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Make sure you download R3 software now available and also as above check your grouping seems you are running them independantly.
I've been using 1.3 since it was released on Nov.4th and I'll check the grouping tonight...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidal_waters View Post
I had this same problem, what you need to do is when you are Programming ensure that you click on the "group" tab on the left where both of your units are listed. I was accidentally programming both lights to do two different things before I figured out what was going on.

Bingo, that's exactly what I was doing...all go now, thanks

Discovered something else tonight, storm mode turns my Scopas into a real bizatch, chases everyone around and then goes back to her normal docile self when it ends.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale262 View Post
Bingo, that's exactly what I was doing...all go now, thanks

Discovered something else tonight, storm mode turns my Scopas into a real bizatch, chases everyone around and then goes back to her normal docile self when it ends.
+1 on the multi programing, my zoas are not too excited at the moment but time will tell.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 AM

tidal_waters is on a distinguished road

havent programmed any storms into my lighting schedule, however one cool thing I have done was made an violet sunset type of lighting before my deep blues come on. Some corals looks absolutely amazing and all my fish take on a whole new vibrant look!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 AM

here's a quick video of the storm mode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmUQLH2M9Io
Old 11-10-2011, 09:29 PM

clowny is on a distinguished road

Why in storm mode does it get brighter? can that be reprogrammed I would like a more realistic storm without the yellow color. It should go dark and light bright white as it does not get brighter and flash....
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

same effect here I'm noticing (and this is the guy who is featured in all the radion photos in the press releases):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0FEK_xmovI
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowny View Post
Why in storm mode does it get brighter? can that be reprogrammed I would like a more realistic storm without the yellow color. It should go dark and light bright white as it does not get brighter and flash....

In the software it looks like you can custom program the storm anyway you would like, In the posted YouTube video I simply (read: lazy) used the factory imbedded storm program ...when I have more time I'll program my own storm that is less bright, maybe at 5% of 18k ish.

Last edited by cale262; 11-11-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

My little Review

Late last night I finally got to set one unit up on our home 24" cube! After taking down the Pacific Sun 160w Black Python.

If you have been following my tank build thread I have gone from Ai through Pacific sun and now onto the Radion.

The first impression is how light the unit is, the construction is what i would expect from an Ipad, tight solid and very well crafted, everything fits well together and a great deal of attention has gone into the eye candy touch.

Onto functionality, the software is a breeze, it took me a bit longer as I am the typical alpha male when it comes to a set of destructions,

1. Open box.
2. Stand back and be smug
3. Find recycling
4. file instructions under the empty cereal packet from this morning

So please dont do this, I would have hit the sack at 11pm not midnight if I had bothered to read them, that being said it is not rocket science you just need to (no really) know the order of plugging in the USB.

Light rendition - WOW!! Hands down Ecotech have this licked! I have played with enough little glowing diode devices now to know what is and what is not and the Radion hits the spot, I found colours in my leopard wrasse that I did not know existed. My corals now pop.

I initially set up the lamp to 14K but for me being the true UK reef keeper where we like a more natural look, I found this a bit too blue so opted for 12K and still thinking of going down further to 10K, this is one cool factor with the Radion, having ore set K ratings.

I am also able to run mine at full bore 100%, this is due to my corals used to basking under 160w for the last 6 months, however the 130w of the Radion is no less bright as they run the XPG's at full 5w.

Here is a little home movie of me at home

http://youtu.be/uq0fvpKyDDg
Old 11-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Banned

unclesalty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidal_waters View Post
havent programmed any storms into my lighting schedule, however one cool thing I have done was made an violet sunset type of lighting before my deep blues come on. Some corals looks absolutely amazing and all my fish take on a whole new vibrant look!
Finally my hanging kit arrived yesterday and I got 2 of mine hung on my 120. I have to agree with you on the awesome look of the corals and fish! Also super low power usage compared to my Halide fixture. Definately keeping and going with the Radions and selling my Halide fixture and the AI fixture

Last edited by unclesalty; 11-12-2011 at 01:02 AM.