Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-17-2010, 05:21 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

It did take a few days to a week for me to really disapear and at the same time I improved the water quality by syphoning the sand and doing partial water change.

Cyano is not so much about phosphates, nitrates or light, but more about dissolved nutriment in the water and sand. That is why an oxydizer like Red Slime Remover might work if your dissolve organic load is high. Hard to mesure that as it's not the same thing as nitrates or phosphates.

I would wait a few days to see if it improve more and redose if it's not all gone. If your organic load is very high you might need a few treatment to make it disapear completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatreefguy View Post
I'm running it right now. My 48 hrs is up tonight so tomorrow I'll do a 20% w/c. I shut my skimmer and carbon reactor as suggested but I did leave my filter sock in, I wonder if that's why it didn't work as well. I restarted my carbon tonight so I can start cleaning it out of the water, I just hate how it drops the PH and uses up so much O2. I know it knocked out quite a bit of the cyano because my filter sock turned completely red in 24hrs, it just didn't get it all. Maybe I just need one more treatment.