Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
No one else gets slammed like he does, not saying it wasn't always warrented. It might be making people want to tell the other side..If people quit slamming him, people would quit defending and all would be quiet.

I know you were asking someone else those two questions just thought 2 more cents wouldn't hurt...
That's fine, I don't mind the viewpoint. Thanks for your perspective.

Fragalot has had a hand in defining their own destiny to this point. Canreef gets blamed for the deletion of negative posts from the fragalot forum but in fairness this was fragalot's forum where it happened, sponsors are moderators in their own forums and Canreef staff avoids entering sponsor forums. But the negativity that this practise was generating was reflecting upon the board in general and we had to do something. All requests for communications were ignored, so fresh on the heels of the Hidden Reef fraud issues, we had no choice but to cancel the sponsorship.

So you have to understand where the negativity is coming from. If the business has reformed then I wish them nothing but success but again from a perspective of "Canreef" we are very leery about jumping on the bandwagon of endorsement. We like to see long term stable relationships, not flashes in the pan, so to speak. It would be nice to see what best practises have been employed from the business to ensure that the inconsistency issue has been addressed.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess I'm speaking about the positive orders I have had recently, which yes I guess is speaking for him. I will always say "you can never move forward if you're always looking at the past".

He's like a hardened criminal just released from jail, even if he has proved he has reformed people will always throw his past in his face...How many other frag shops have come and gone over the years? he must be doing something right.
+1... I have to say that if there was a bunch of negative reviews that were being deleted by mods, then who's fault is that? sponsor or not, I think that all reviews should remain!!! whether they are good bad or indifferent! If you would like to "stand up for members" then it would make sense to keep all reviews... this way members can make informed decisions. It just seems weird to me that Burc would basically tell some of you to go eat dirt while he was nothing but kind with me and gave me ZERO hassle with the VERY few mistakes with my order... I HAVE RECEIVED EVERYTHING ASKED FOR!!! and the couple mistakes became freebies...

If he rly does rip everyone off then how is he still in business and have so many of us that have been clearly willing to stand up and say we have been happy with him, for he went that extra mile for us! hell I have had other orders from supposed reputable online stores and even LFS's that I had doa's and unhealthy items received and got the oh well it is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it... hell I have had more issues with sponsors on here then I have had with this "non sponsor" (although the LFS one would be my own damn fault since I was new to the hobby and trusted the employee of the store that the corals and fish were healthy when in deed they were not.)

But I feel that Burc has been very professional and even gone that extra mile to make sure I am happy! so to me that speaks volumes about his character and I will continue to use him.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjntm View Post
+1... I have to say that if there was a bunch of negative reviews that were being deleted by mods, then who's fault is that?
sponsors have the ability to delete posts in their own forums. We didn't delete them, he did.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
He's like a hardened criminal just released from jail, even if he has proved he has reformed people will always throw his past in his face...How many other frag shops have come and gone over the years? he must be doing something right.
LOL... that is quite the reference...
Old 04-14-2012, 06:04 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
+1... I have to say that if there was a bunch of negative reviews that were being deleted by mods, then who's fault is that? sponsor or not, I think that all reviews should remain!!!
You misunderstand. Burc deleted the negative reviews himself. We did not.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It just seems weird to me that Burc would basically tell some of you to go eat dirt while he was nothing but kind with me and gave me ZERO hassle with the VERY few mistakes with my order... I HAVE RECEIVED EVERYTHING ASKED FOR!!! and the couple mistakes became freebies...

how many orders have you done with him??? how much value??

i recently had a good experience but ive also had bad, bags of water with zero frags whatsoever.....try arguing that.......that one was a loss....

its hit or miss its that simople yours was good many others arnt and they still arnt, do a search on canreef alone and watch the overwhelming bad reveiws they are there for a reason.....hell google fragalot and see the reviews on other sites its the same everywhere....hit or miss....like i said my last one went 100% good.....they are not all like that ...its like the weather sunny today raining tomorrow:P
Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
sponsors have the ability to delete posts in their own forums. We didn't delete them, he did.

got ya... maybe it would make sense to take that privilege away from sponsors to delete, for this empowers them to allow events like that to happen... if that right wasn't there in the first place then everyone would have been aware...

maybe when he got the boot so to speak from canreef it became a wake up call? it does seem to me that with the volume of frags that he would be shipping out he seems to be doing pretty good with keeping us all happy these days... has anyone had bad experiences lately? if so was it that corals were browned? missing? what was it? did burc replace the items or offer a credit? did he respond with in 24 hrs? (he responded within an hr for me... but most online businesses offer responses within 24 hrs...)
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
how many orders have you done with him??? how much value??

i recently had a good experience but ive also had bad, bags of water with zero frags whatsoever.....try arguing that.......that one was a loss....

its hit or miss its that simople yours was good many others arnt and they still arnt, do a search on canreef alone and watch the overwhelming bad reveiws they are there for a reason.....hell google fragalot and see the reviews on other sites its the same everywhere....hit or miss....like i said my last one went 100% good.....they are not all like that ...its like the weather sunny today raining tomorrow:P
I have placed 2 orders, one is a pre order... 2 have arrived... I have spent probably close to $700 with Burc at this point... review threads are good for not only consumers... but for businesses as well... if burc wasa smart man he would read them all and figure out what it will take to fix things and see where he could change things to avoid issues in the future... like for instance marking what is what on bags and so on... but again, this would increase over head costs and we should expect a slight increase in price... sometimes all it takes is for consumers to speak up and make suggestions and burc can then take into consideration what the biggest issues are and find the best solutions that work to solve the issues... just my 2 cents... nobody is perfect... everytime...
Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 PM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
.. has anyone had bad experiences lately? if so was it that corals were browned? missing? what was it? did burc replace the items or offer a credit? did he respond with in 24 hrs? (he responded within an hr for me... but most online businesses offer responses within 24 hrs...)
mine was 2 weeks ago at the most. Single person order of about 500$ and special requested a Saturday delivery. This was a Tuesday. On Friday I heard back from him saying all was well but Saturday wasn't going to happen. No biggie I said. Oh and by the way of the 60 snails you ordered I can only send 20. Also no big deal. Shipment arrived on wednesday (8 days total) several Doas and they were the most expensive pieces. Also there was about 20% substitution which I wasnot informed about. More dead the next day. 16 of 60 snails, no shrimp which was ordered. All this and then i had to ask for a refund of course. So only a fraction of the $ was returned. Another email which was not quite as friendly and the rest of the money was then refunded. No offer to re ship or replace. Not the end of the world all in all but just not the greatest in experiences.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
mine was 2 weeks ago at the most. Single person order of about 500$ and special requested a Saturday delivery. This was a Tuesday. On Friday I heard back from him saying all was well but Saturday wasn't going to happen. No biggie I said. Oh and by the way of the 60 snails you ordered I can only send 20. Also no big deal. Shipment arrived on wednesday (8 days total) several Doas and they were the most expensive pieces. Also there was about 20% substitution which I wasnot informed about. More dead the next day. 16 of 60 snails, no shrimp which was ordered. All this and then i had to ask for a refund of course. So only a fraction of the $ was returned. Another email which was not quite as friendly and the rest of the money was then refunded. No offer to re ship or replace. Not the end of the world all in all but just not the greatest in experiences.

k, so here we go a recent one... now... I understand it would be frustrating to be in your situation... and am sry to hear that u didn't receive all the items u were looking for... when you notified burc, did you take and send pics for proof that items were doa/missing? did he respond in a timely manner? the not so nice email was it from him to you or u to him? did he refund you the money for items not received/doa's?

What do you think he could have done differently to make your experience better and make you happy? these are the kind of posts consumers and businesses can both learn from...