Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
You can drill the backs of biocubes man..... why not punch a couple holes, do an external overflow with a herbie?
see thats what ive been wanting to do. but no one really had a definate answer on whether or not you could...

Now to find someone in Kelowna who can drill a tank. preferably with the fish still in it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
Oh ya! Now I got the urge to watch this tonight... good job! Awesome movie though.

Skimmer looks sweet... I think it will perform better than a Tunze 9002 as well. I tried the Tunze and found it lackluster..
I agree on both points, However, i did like the size of the tunze. This skimmer pulls out way more then the tunze ever would in the same amount of time

Last edited by freezetyle; 01-13-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezetyle View Post
see thats what ive been wanting to do. but no one really had a definate answer on whether or not you could...

Now to find someone in Kelowna who can drill a tank. preferably with the fish still in it!
I was thinking of doing the same thing when I was planning the pony tank....they can be drilled and as far as the drilling goes....its easy enough to do....just get the right sized bit and go slow.......The sump area is completely sealed from the display so all you have to do is shut off the returns...put a heater and a P/H in the display....drain the sump and drill away.....
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 01-26-2010, 05:21 AM

Big shout out to Fishytime and Carmen for hooking me up with a Vortech MP20 over the weekend. I really enjoyed the last one i had and regretted selling it.

Let the Flow begin!

In other news, Found some dry rock to place some of my growing Zoa colonies on to allow for some more growth. Not really liking the look of them right now because they are a Bright white color. In time they will be huge colonies so i guess i can't complain too much. Pictures to come tomorrow when the lights are on
Old 01-26-2010, 05:27 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

hey your welcome man.....it was good to see ya.....
bah!.... pic tease!
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion for using a biocube as a sump/frag tank. I have been thinking it over and would probably set it up so the two tanks are right beside each other so they could both be displayed. This would solve my problem of not wanting to drill the biocube. the only issue i am seeing with this is that the rear chambers would not really provide a lot of room for excess water if the power did go out. so far i was thinking that the return pump would be in the first or second chamber and the return could flow either directly into the display portion or be attached to the nozzle in the third chamber flowing back into the tank

and some new pics. sorry their foggy i need to clean the glass better

ric. yuma

My favorite zoas. that haven't been all been open in over a month. but at least their not melting. not sure the issue

Last edited by freezetyle; 01-27-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 AM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

Looks Great! I love the Bright orange zoa colony on the bottom and the yellows! Nice pics Jon.

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 01-27-2010, 03:47 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

You could probably take that Koralia Nano out if you wanted to free up some visual space ... I was running an MP20 100% Reef Crest on my 30G cube and had NO problems with flow....... If you wanted to, haha.

Is it just the clowns in there for fish right now, I can't remember?

Looks awesome.. everything seems happy too!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Looks Great! I love the Bright orange zoa colony on the bottom and the yellows! Nice pics Jon.
Thanks Carmen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
You could probably take that Koralia Nano out if you wanted to free up some visual space ... I was running an MP20 100% Reef Crest on my 30G cube and had NO problems with flow....... If you wanted to, haha.

Is it just the clowns in there for fish right now, I can't remember?

Looks awesome.. everything seems happy too!
I think i will remove that nano. I was more focused today on playing around with the new pump

I have a purple firefish in there too. but with the increased flow he seems to like hiding in the rock work. I have been itching for a new fish but i can't decide on what to go with. There is also the problem of finding quality livestock at a reasonable price here in kelowna.

If i end up figuring out the issue of using the biocube as a sump I was thinking of a jawfish or two
Old 01-27-2010, 04:30 AM

Bugsy is on a distinguished road

Sent you 2 PMs
Old 01-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Tank looks great! Love the Zoa's .
Jon have you been to Pet City he is pretty good.

Leah