Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM

mess7777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
You're looking for group buys to save on evergrows regular price. This canadian supplier is still even more expensive then that, and they charge for shipping. $15 is one thing, but seems like buying them canadian really will cost close to $50 more.

My light was declared as a $40 sample. Cost me $14.96 when it showed up at my front door. Free shipping, Free DIY upgrade, etc. Just cost as listed plus duties. I may have to go direct to china for everything now....
the D120 is definitely overpriced here. The IT fixtures are more in line with what can be found elsewhere.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM

chewie is on a distinguished road
Default group buy on led

I just went in with a freind on 10 units from a similar company, Twilight Group co.
We got the dimmable with built in timer unit. We customized the colors to include 2 reds on the white channel and 4 violets on the blue channel and also added on 120 degree optic lenses. They make the tank look amazing.
I must say that the customer service was amazing. Simon kept us up to date on a daily basis, even called me to talk (fairly good english).
Anyway was quoted $120 / unit. Shipping was $300 and duty / tax was around $300. So total was around $180/ unit. They have the same unit listed as $188 shipping included. Plus tax and duty so there was a bit of savings by group order.
Simon says that if we order again he can give us even better price, the more times we buy the better we get on discount. Oh he did send out a free sample unit that has built in timer with dawn to dusk self dimming effect, takes a sd card you program to the times, light intensity and it can also be controlled by a smart phone, nice bonus. I will defanatly be ordering some off those in the near future.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 PM

mess7777 is on a distinguished road

wow smart phone control takes it to a whole new level. It's incredible how fast the developments are coming out.

Seems like this thread should be in the equipment section now instead of the buy/sell!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road

The prices listed on the site are for single units. On a group buy everything gets much cheaper. I have not tried to organize one one here due to the fact that i am not sure if i would get in trouble for doing so. Since i am not sure what i can and can't do i will post a link to organize one on my website and not in here. If someone wants to link that is probably ok, but i am unsure of exactly what the rules are for that kind of thing.

i am also not sure that the quantity would have to be 12 to see savings. But the orders would have to be the same so they can make a production run of 4-24 units and ship all at once since most of the savings is on the shipping (air mail is quite expensive).

in the next day or so i will try to get #s nailed down and how many units i would have to order and also get permission to mark units down in a group buy. Since most are already at minimum sale price provided by evergrow themselves.

Thanks

Nick
Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 AM

pterfloth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're looking for group buys to save on evergrows regular price. This canadian supplier is still even more expensive then that, and they charge for shipping. $15 is one thing, but seems like buying them canadian really will cost close to $50 more.

My light was declared as a $40 sample. Cost me $14.96 when it showed up at my front door. Free shipping, Free DIY upgrade, etc. Just cost as listed plus duties. I may have to go direct to china for everything now....
Any chance I could check out your light? I have a 72 x 30"w tank and need to figure out how many d120's I need and whether to arrange width ways or length ways.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterfloth View Post
Any chance I could check out your light? I have a 72 x 30"w tank and need to figure out how many d120's I need and whether to arrange width ways or length ways.
I have an Evergrow light, but I dont have the d120, sorry. Nova A8 here. Same bulbs and what not but not quite the same.

That extra few inches width makes it harder, you're stuck between 3 or 4 I think for the 120. Id be lazy and do 3, but going sideways with 4 would be better coverage and would probably still be able to do 4 for under $800.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 AM

pterfloth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have an Evergrow light, but I dont have the d120, sorry. Nova A8 here. Same bulbs and what not but not quite the same.

That extra few inches width makes it harder, you're stuck between 3 or 4 I think for the 120. Id be lazy and do 3, but going sideways with 4 would be better coverage and would probably still be able to do 4 for under $800.
Four D120's sideways is what I was thinking too. The Nova 8 looks very nice. How you liking it?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:51 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterfloth View Post
Four D120's sideways is what I was thinking too. The Nova 8 looks very nice. How you liking it?
The only issue with sideways is access to the dimmers, then again I always feel like I'm short and have short arms when I do anything with my tank....
I do love everything about my light, cant complain. The corals seem to love it too. You're welcome to come see it, but I'm way out in Poco. Im sure theres somebody closer to you with the actual 120's.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

After reading the posts I decided to order direct from Twilight Group co. I would have liked to have spent my money in Canada but I'm on a budget so I'm hoping to save a couple hundred bucks on 2 lights.
Ordering wasn't too bad but a bit of a language barrier . They quoted me $109us for the manual dimmer 120w & $169 for the auto sunrise, sunset & lunar cycle. Both had choice of color of housing , optics (120/90etc.) & what color & ratio of leds. Oh ya & $80 shipping for the 2 lights. I'll repost when I receive them, which won't be for @ least a month because of Chinese new year. I have 2 x 250mh on a 4' 120g mixed reef tank with a few sps, so I hope these will do the job.

Last edited by maron6977; 02-06-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 AM

kam is on a distinguished road

I dont know if you saved...