Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM

Aleks is on a distinguished road

I do the same thing.....UPS = no sale.....Had the cost of my items far too often double in the end, costing me more than purchasing locally......I can't stand paying $30 to ship something, only to have another $50 due on delivery for no reason. I held one delivery guy hostage at my door, he had a floor tom for my drumset, I disputed the cost, and he said no pay no item....I told him I'd call the cops, afterall thats MY drum he's holding....I made him phone to accts recievable, and I negotiated down to something pretty small......Delivery guy was getting all amped because "he had other delivery's to make", too bad bud, deal with my wrath now....."inconvenienced" him for probably 40 minutes....Best part, I was using his phone so he couldn't leave if he wanted to.....

I've also had customs mis-label my items on declaration, I had an item described as "shirts", and of course theres a 16% tax on clothing coming across the border....Well, $180 dollars of tax later, I pursued the claim back through the government and got it resolved back to the $28 dollars it should have been without a problem....

USPS/Canada Post....$5 brokerage on whatever FTW....

Free trade my ass...