Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-17-2014, 12:52 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Sheena, a K&N recharge is good for up to 50,000 miles on 'box' filters, but their conical ones can be good for up to 100K
Inspect your's annually. If you can still see the metal screen all around, then it's not dirty enough yet for a recharge, even if the cotton pleating is dirty
If you ever find any part of the screen is covered in dirt, then it's time

If you put on a lot of miles, it won't hurt to recharge it before it's due, but overdoing it is a waste as they need some dirt buildup to work more efficiently ??? That's their claim. So don't over clean it
http://www.knfilters.com/faq.htm

I put very little miles on my daily driver (>5K/yr), but I re-oil my filter every 20K or so because 'it wasn't red anymore'

My mileage may jump to 10K with the new job, but look how many years I could go between re-charges
I've got a roto fab intake I picked up from someone else who was trading their car in. He had it on his car for a few months only (bought new) then on mine for a few months. It was full of bugs, but still red. I did the recharge so at least I know where it started from. Almost at 40,000 kms on my car already....
Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM

NanoReef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NanoReef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
That's a neat truck. Does it have hydraulics? Wouldn't want to nail a speed bump in that.
Thank you! "Hydraulics" are what this truck is commonly mistaken for. It's air ride suspension. Same concept as hydraulics so it can lift and lower, but it doesn't ride like a tool shed, doesn't leak fluid everywhere, and it's not as hard on parts. It can lift just as high as a factory s10 so speed bumps are no issue!

Anyway I don't want to highjack! So I will maybe start a thread for gear heads and see what everyone else is drivin!

Last edited by NanoReef; 01-17-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 PM

You can hijack if you like! We can make this thread about cars & trucks in general if the mods think its ok.

Pretty cool truck!! My brother wanted me to put a hydraulic lift on my car so I could lower it as well, but my car is my dd and although I've taken it to show and shines, Im not planning on entering it for any awards.

My (step) son is showing interest in cars now at 16 (typical boy), but to the point of actually taking steps to go into an apprenticeship program after hs to learn about them and make it a career. Someone here has offered to meet us once his car comes out for the summer to talk about modding a car. We've offered an incentive, min marks for next semester which means his marks have to come up and we'll match whatever he's saved up if he attains a final average. Gr. 12 the minimum will go up again on core subjects.

Cars are a cool but expensive hobby so he's gonna have to work for it, but he's finally found something to be excited about and we are doing everything we can to keep him motivated!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 PM

reef-keeper is on a distinguished road

I clean mine every spring and fall. Plus I have two so there is no drying time. I have an AFE SYSTEM on my truck.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoReef View Post
Thank you! "Hydraulics" are what this truck is commonly mistaken for. It's air ride suspension. Same concept as hydraulics so it can lift and lower, but it doesn't ride like a tool shed, doesn't leak fluid everywhere, and it's not as hard on parts. It can lift just as high as a factory s10 so speed bumps are no issue!

Anyway I don't want to highjack! So I will maybe start a thread for gear heads and see what everyone else is drivin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
You can hijack if you like! We can make this thread about cars & trucks in general if the mods think its ok.

Pretty cool truck!! My brother wanted me to put a hydraulic lift on my car so I could lower it as well, but my car is my dd and although I've taken it to show and shines, Im not planning on entering it for any awards.
Opps, you clearly stated air ride suspension and I repeated hydraulic....was before my first coffee this a.m.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef-keeper View Post
I clean mine every spring and fall. Plus I have two so there is no drying time. I have an AFE SYSTEM on my truck.
Seems they all have different requirements....I'll probably do the same schedule and tie it in with my spring/fall detailing as that usually takes me a day to do as well (by hand) .
Old 01-17-2014, 09:13 PM

reef-keeper is on a distinguished road

I only change twice. I don't do a lot of dusty gravel road driving. If I did the change schedule would be different. Clean your filter to your driving needs. That is the way it should be done. Otherwise change when dirty.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:42 AM

GROPP is on a distinguished road

Nice ride! I'm takin it it's small blocked? Judging by the cowl hood with the bug catcher stickin outta it. Just my style, I got a 66 impala matte black bagged on 20's