Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-24-2010, 10:07 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

the second pic is going to be the front so my tank is split into and from the front you should see a mix of both.....im still way up in the air on whats going to go into what but lately ive been thinking small mini reef in the small section which is about 60g and some sort of non reef friendly section in the " L " part of the tank , i have a snowflake eel and at least one of the sections needs to accomodate him as he grows , i gotta say though im loving the dimesions so far im going to be figuring out the flow here soon and i think i will run both sections off different pumps and use a powerhead in the end of the " L "

all together there are 3 return drains coming from the over flow and 4 drains in the overflowbox returning to the sump so i have quite a few options for flow without having to use powerheads but we will see how it works and i guess its time to go pump shopping i already have a mag 12 at my disposal i could use for the 60g section and i could match it up with a higher mag for the rest but ill have to gather up some info and who knows i may not even use the mags
Old 10-24-2010, 11:23 PM

jphong is on a distinguished road

Hey Denny the tank looks awesome! Cant wait until you get this one running. Bummer about the glass, it looks like its gonna be a lot of work. Congrats!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:26 AM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

I have seen the tank and its AMAZING The workmanship is second to none, but considering its done with a CNC you could expect nothing less. Cannot wait to see this thing with water in it (whenever that may be)
Old 10-25-2010, 01:50 AM

foxfishfan is on a distinguished road

I hope that it'll be as good as new, but you will be the envy of Edmonton reefers when it's up and running with your zoa collection and fat healthy yellow tang.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:38 AM

reefcanada is on a distinguished road

Hey, Denny thanks for the kind words and I am glad you like your tank. That was a shitty thing to have happen, but we will get it cleaned up and looking new soon with your new sump. Try and have a good night.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:39 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefcanada View Post
Hey, Denny thanks for the kind words and I am glad you like your tank. That was a shitty thing to have happen, but we will get it cleaned up and looking new soon with your new sump. Try and have a good night.

no worries , tomorrow night im taking out the panels and going to clean any silicone ,the way i see it stuff happens and you got to think positive and tomorrow evening me and a buddy are gonna get it fixed right up and ready for new glass all in all though i must have spent a few hours this evening looking at it and thinking how glad i am so far to have added the divider section really gives me a good ability to mix things up a bit

im looking forward to getting my sump built i think its gonna be a really nice layout with finally enough room to play with
Old 10-25-2010, 11:55 PM
R.I.P.

well tonight i am taking apart the tank lol well some of it anyways, i have already removed some of the eurobracing that came off easy enough and now we are working on the broken panels , i wanted to get this done while everything is still new and setting

and the plus side i just about got my lights gathered up i have 2 pendants coming from a friend plus some live rock and i am picking up the other two pendants plus a t5 fixture tomorrow evening from another friend
Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 AM
R.I.P.

here are some more pics of the tank and the crack

Old 10-26-2010, 02:52 AM

jphong is on a distinguished road

Looking good so far Denny! Hope you got a decent discount on the new glass. When are you planning on getting water in there?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:06 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphong View Post
Looking good so far Denny! Hope you got a decent discount on the new glass. When are you planning on getting water in there?

it wasnt anybodys fault so im not expecting anything whatever needs to happen im completely willing to take on and "reefcanada" was more than happy to help get it fixed so while im getting my sump built i will have 2 more panels also made to fit back in.

more good news!!!! i got all the tank cleaned up and glass is out with no damage to the rest of the tank plus i got every little shed of silicone off and tank is cleaned and ready for new glass

john it will be quite a while untill water hits it my plan is to move in april so untill then i am going to build a teamporary stand i can take apart and ill use the time i have untill then to get everything gathered up and anything built that needs building then i will run a freshwater course hopefully in december and see if everything runs the way i like and then once i am in my new house i will start building it up to where i want it untill then ill just keep stockpiling the ol zoa tank lol