Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

View Poll Results: Swine Flu/H1N1 Vaccination - yes or No?
Yes, I'll take it. 86 33.99%
No, I wont take it. 94 37.15%
I need more information before deciding. 26 10.28%
I've already had or have H1N1. 15 5.93%
I think it's a conspiracy of some sort so please don't take it! 32 12.65%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2009, 01:10 AM

leducreef is on a distinguished road

so it looks like about 38% of you have or are geting the shot
and the rest of us are not.! wow thats got to say something right there.
i have made up my mind after seeing that , i am not going to get it !
i think in this world there is a far better chance of dying from something else, than h1n1 !

if only every one could learn to wash there hands after thay take a ****, none of this crap would be around
4 year exp salty
Old 11-08-2009, 01:17 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

What I don't like is my wife was Forced to get the shot, both flu shots because of work. I feel it should be a personal choice. She is a Home care Aid, but still, it hould be the person's descresion to get the shot or not!!!

I am NOT getting it. I don;t agree with Flu shot's

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 11-08-2009, 01:59 AM

bbb1080 is on a distinguished road

the ignorance of some of these responses astounds me. I have zero faith in the general population. Anyone that will make a decision based on a canreef poll is an idiot. Make the decision for yourselfs but this vaccination isnt about you, you self centered idiots. Its about HERD IMMUNITY!!! People that dont get this shot are spreading the virus and killing people. Sounds fun eh?
Old 11-08-2009, 03:00 AM

Pazil is on a distinguished road

Now we have all been told.....LMFAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb1080 View Post
the ignorance of some of these responses astounds me. I have zero faith in the general population. Anyone that will make a decision based on a canreef poll is an idiot. Make the decision for yourselfs but this vaccination isnt about you, you self centered idiots. Its about HERD IMMUNITY!!! People that dont get this shot are spreading the virus and killing people. Sounds fun eh?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb1080 View Post

So, you move when the herd moves?

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 AM

Binare is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
So, you move when the herd moves?
Ya.... That's kinda how the herd survives aint it? 500 million people died of small pox before the vaccine came out, and only the odd straggler who was too busy stairin at udders after it came out.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:20 AM

Sorry, I'm not livestock. I don't follow the herd becausae it's what the herd does. I am ME, I make my own choices. It's part of being an INDIVIDUAL.

Sure, maybe this N1H1 Vaccine is the best thing since sliced bread but I am not going to get it because someone says I HAVE to. in fact, if you tell me I have to do someting, I wil usually do just the opposite to prove to you that I don;t HAVE to.

The way the media hypes everyting up all the time just sickens me. yes they do treat the general populace like livestock. "Do what we say." "This is good fro you, that is bad" "Do this, Don;t do that"...............

OK, I'm gona stop myself here, I feel my blood pressure rising.

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 11-08-2009, 06:09 AM

Binare is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
Sorry, I'm not livestock. I don't follow the herd becausae it's what the herd does. I am ME, I make my own choices. It's part of being an INDIVIDUAL.

Sure, maybe this N1H1 Vaccine is the best thing since sliced bread but I am not going to get it because someone says I HAVE to. in fact, if you tell me I have to do someting, I wil usually do just the opposite to prove to you that I don;t HAVE to.

The way the media hypes everyting up all the time just sickens me. yes they do treat the general populace like livestock. "Do what we say." "This is good fro you, that is bad" "Do this, Don;t do that"...............

OK, I'm gona stop myself here, I feel my blood pressure rising.
Ooooook
Old 11-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Wow.

I'm with Binare on this one. It's depressing that things have sunk to this level. I won't even comment on the asinine vaccine-autism connection - that's just ignorant sensationalism spurred on by the media (it's a conspiracy )

I can certainly see how the media has influenced people's decisions here. In one breath people are saying I won't get the shot just because the media is telling me I need to and then in the other they're basing their decision on media (including the internet) sensationalism to justify not getting the shot.

As a healthcare professional with database and journal subscriptions I have access to basically every online journal you can think of. The crux of the quality studies clearly suggest that not getting vaccinated will increase death rates in those most susceptible.

Those people who want to act as vectors and not get vaccinated are not only making a decision for themselves but willfully choosing to put others at risk. That is a fact. Now if you're comfortable doing this then it's certainly your prerogative. But I can only hope that one of you doesn't visit with your nieces or nephews over the holidays and potentially kill one of them.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"

Last edited by Canadian; 11-08-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road