Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

so no leaks???
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
so no leaks???
nope.... (knock knock)
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Das is guut....and so is the das scape
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
Das is guut....and so is the das scape
looks better in person. it actually has quite a few tiers and loads of great places for SPS.. No depth to the pic.

gotta put the background on now...
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 05-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice tank.
72 bows make one of the nicest reefs IMO.

Looks like your rock should purple up in no time, I assume by it's appearance that the rock is already pretty established....when's the first addition planned for?

One thing you might consider just to clean things up a little is painting the return black to match everything else so that it blends in more...

Some krylon fusion spray paint would do the trick.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
Nice tank.
72 bows make one of the nicest reefs IMO.

Looks like your rock should purple up in no time, I assume by it's appearance that the rock is already pretty established....when's the first addition planned for?

One thing you might consider just to clean things up a little is painting the return black to match everything else so that it blends in more...

Some krylon fusion spray paint would do the trick.
The rock was estabished but i basically kiled it as it sat unheated and no ph for a little over a month. first edition hopefully the second week of june.

There is no need to paint the return as it will be covered by a canopy and all that will be visable is whats under the water. i also wil be putting a backing on the tank when i get the motivation.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah...
canopy huh?

All my tanks are open top and so like a jackass, I just assumed by the pic yours was too.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:03 AM

Just working on mounting the lights and fans. Going far slower than planned, but the tanks still cycling so there is no hurry.

My first canopy.... not to sure yet how i feel about them as i am starting to think heat is going to be a major issue. Mostly due to the lights i have..

Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 AM

4lti7ude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
Just working on mounting the lights and fans. Going far slower than planned, but the tanks still cycling so there is no hurry.

My first canopy.... not to sure yet how i feel about them as i am starting to think heat is going to be a major issue. Mostly due to the lights i have..
Dont say no to the canopy!
The canopy was the nicest part of James tank. It pulls the whole clean steel front look together.

4lti7ude's 20Gallon Nano Tank
Old 05-14-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lti7ude View Post
Dont say no to the canopy!
The canopy was the nicest part of James tank. It pulls the whole clean steel front look together.
tis not going anywhere yet. as you said it looks too nice to get rid off. i am just hoping its not a heat trap with the lights. but i am hoping my cooling system should due the trick. fully automated with temp probs and four 12cm fans.