Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-21-2016, 03:43 PM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

There are some good people around here.

I remember being sat in Rich's garage for hours staring at his frag tank whilst he offered me beer/drinks and gave me my first piece of sps (birds nest) for free to get me going.

Ryan who has graciously taken in my fish and corals for a month (which has now been 6 months) whilst I moved house.

Plus there are the countless people that pay attention to my 'LF' ads and message me when they see something for sale that I'm looking for.

All very much appreciated and something that makes this hobby worthwhile.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:48 PM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

I think you will see some names popping up quite a bit repeatedly because they genuinely want to help you succeed in this hobby.

BBLinks, Rice Reef, Wheelman76, Apexfd, Wardog, Mikepclo, Tang Daddy,Ryanerikson, Acepumping, Salty23 amongst others.

From helping me stock my tank, setting up equipment, lending gear, helping me move, giving me great advice and just to shoot the crap with on occasions.

I can honestly say that without these guys I'd have been out of this hobby a long time ago. My wife secretly hates them but they are all my great friends.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:43 PM

Ryan7 is on a distinguished road

Brisco!!

Has now helped me with two difficult re-aquascaping projects in my 325G.. most of which involved passing back and forth tools and rock, and being my eyes through the front pane while I hung on top of the tank... not the most exciting of jobs.

His eyes and opinions on the new rock formations I also found invaluable.

Another thanks Bryce!
Old 10-27-2016, 03:54 PM

warriorcookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
I think you will see some names popping up quite a bit repeatedly because they genuinely want to help you succeed in this hobby.

BBLinks, Rice Reef, Wheelman76, Apexfd, Wardog, Mikepclo, Tang Daddy,Ryanerikson, Acepumping, Salty23 amongst others.

From helping me stock my tank, setting up equipment, lending gear, helping me move, giving me great advice and just to shoot the crap with on occasions.

I can honestly say that without these guys I'd have been out of this hobby a long time ago. My wife secretly hates them but they are all my great friends.
+1, but to add to this list Myka for sure. She's saved my bacon several times and her advice has excellent.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:00 PM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

Another one for Dave (acepumping). He baby sat my tank and walked my in-laws through the motions when I went back to the UK to visit my family. The kicker was we had a 5 day power cut the day after I left. Not a single Coral or fish died! He did better than I would have.

Kudos Dave!