Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM

eschimpf is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie to marine

Okay first off a little intro.

My name is Erin, I'm a mother of 2 (soon to be 3). I have two freshwater tanks, one is a planted white cloud tank and the other is a goldfish tank.

I have two 10g sitting around doing nothing. And with baby due July 10th I thought, I should do something different. So I thought, why not make a nano? A 10 g with a 10g sump.

I've been doing lots of reading and have been lurking on the site for oh about 24 hours. I talked with my hubby and hes ok with the idea, well wasn't at first but after some "but its for the baby" talk he agreed.

I've got my sump idea and how I'm going to go about that. I still need a pump, but I have to wait as my hubby goes to school for two months every year at NAIT (edmonton). He'll be done at the end of Feb and back at work. That'll leave me a few months to get this going before the baby comes.

I'm still reading up on things that I need to know, like how to feed corals and what not. I plan just to have a few cleaner shrimp and a hermit crab or two, nothing fancy.

I do have some questions. For my sump and tank idea what kind of pump would I need? I'm going to be pricing out live rock tonight. That wat I'll have some idea on what I'm looking at for LR price.

Anyway hi! and thanks for any advice as I'm a total NOOB at all this.