Mg- 1250ppm
Nitrite- 0ppm
Nitrate- 13ppm
Ammonia- 0ppm
Phosphate- 0ppm

and a few photos:

Old 06-19-2010, 03:48 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I have Zoas do this occasionally too, but they are always new frags. I always put it down to them being some of the more finicky Zoas like Magicians, and Blue Steels. Plus my Filefish was eating them when he was in there.

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 AM

hockey nut is on a distinguished road

Very nice setup ZoaElite

You may have a case of zoa pox... it's like chicken pox but for zoas. Palys seem somewhat unaffected by zoa pox. If your zoas are closing up and stay closed and you see very small white spots not many but a couple here and there you probly have zoa pox.

Also as for dipping your zoas, I use flatworm exit. It kills everything not just flat worms. It will get rid of nudis,bristle worms, flatworms, those pesky little white 5 leg starfish etc etc without harming the zoas. When I buy a zoa frag etc I just add a few drops of FE to the water in the bag I bought the zoas in and give it anywhere from 10-20 minutes. Give it a rinse of some tank water and Bam! all is well. As for nudi eggs I use an old toothbrush as it grabs the whole egg sack in one swoop.

Anyhow hope you get it sorted out.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:58 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

No white spots anywhere, pretty positive of that. Good tip on the flat worm exit though!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:14 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

bristle worms are narrower and pointier and have significantly less bristles than the broader and flatter fireworm....they do have bristles right? so not a eucinid worm?(SP?)
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-19-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
bristle worms are narrower and pointier and have significantly less bristles than the broader and flatter fireworm....they do have bristles right? so not a eucinid worm?(SP?)
Everyone that I have seen has bristles but I'm sure there could be a larger eucinid worm hiding in there somewhere. Turning off the lights now will snap some photos shortly.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:28 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
Zoaelite all of us that have established tanks will have tonnes of bristle worms. They can devour a small dead fish overnight with no trace. What attracts them is dead, decaying tissue or matter.
Most of us have a zoa here and there and if one of them gets sick and dies it is another lost coral with no explanation.
But a specialty tank like yours that is covered in stunning beautiful coloured zoas would allow a disease to spread easily.
Yes it is possible that dead, decaying zoa that attract bristle worms could also cause inadvertent bristle damage to some healthy polyps.
But, the problem is the determining the cause of death and doing something to stop it and not the bristle worms.

If it is disease you will have to be strong and remove most of the polyps in each colony leaving only the guaranteed healthy ones and keep them as far apart from each other.
Look for a chemical or drug solution that you could use as a dip.
Does anyone have any ideas?
If I can find something I will let you know. sorry!
Naesco, you know I am a suported of bristle worms and like tyou there are many benifits to havign them, but there are different types of worms and there is one type that feeds on polyps which zoos are. so it is possable he has 1 or 2 zoo eating worms. I had one very large zoo eater which I just lived with as my tank was a SPS tank and the zoos I did have were ugly.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Naesco, you know I am a suported of bristle worms and like tyou there are many benifits to havign them, but there are different types of worms and there is one type that feeds on polyps which zoos are. so it is possable he has 1 or 2 zoo eating worms. I had one very large zoo eater which I just lived with as my tank was a SPS tank and the zoos I did have were ugly.

Steve
Didn't snap photos last night as I was a to tired but after a quick glance I appear to have some diversity in the group. None of them look like fireworms, at least from what I can see from google photos. The zoa tank seems to be doing much better, possibly from the dip itself possibly from lack of irritators.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:28 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post

Steve
Ya agreed. Check my first post, Steve.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:57 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
Ya agreed. Check my first post, Steve.
missed that one, but there are a couple different ones that eat zoos I would believe, as the one I had didn't look like a fireworm or the one you mentioned above. I think it was rarely seen as zoos didn't used to be that populor but now that they are I think we will see more and more zoo preditors.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.