Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
cat jumps on tank, fish spooked, fish jumps out of tank, cat jumps down from tank, cat eats fish, fish missing.
My cat jumps on top of the tank all the time (my fish are pretty used to her) and it doesn't usually phase them. I can't see it spooking him but it's hard to say. However I will admit that I really don't want to think it's possible that my cat could of killed him
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

My Canary wrasses mate has been gone for 3 days now, perhaps there's a fish convention going on that we don't know about. Hope he comes out of hiding for you Laurie Naso's always have the best personalities!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
My Canary wrasses mate has been gone for 3 days now, perhaps there's a fish convention going on that we don't know about. Hope he comes out of hiding for you Laurie Naso's always have the best personalities!
Thank-you, hummm maybe there's something to this fish convention I've had wrasses hide on me for weeks at a time so don't give up hope yet, they are very good hidders. Never heard of a naso hiding before though. He is an awesome fish I'm really worried about him and I'm hoping he's ok.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Any possibability that he surfed to somewhere? he could easily travel up to 10 feet if no one was around when it happened. Get out a flashlight and look under everything and then start looking into all the little nooks and crannies in your LR, you may be able to see a piece of him stuck somewhere in the rocks.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:58 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I thought I lost my trigger on the weekend. I checked my overflows 10 times and each time I fully convinced myself "there are no fish in here." Guess where he was? They are the darndest good hiders/camoflagers sometimes. Also second the suggestion to check your pipes and so on. You never know.

Good luck, I hope you find him.

It's not impossible about the cat theory, but fwiw, I kind of doubt it too. There'd be some evidence, they're not exactly the cleanest/neatest of eaters when they're eating a whole animal.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:58 AM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Laurie,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sookie may not only have killed him but she probably ate it too. Bad Kitty!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:12 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

My orange tabby cat once dragged an angel fish to his lair (behind the sofa)

I would check your cat's usual haunts.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 AM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

If a fish that big dies in your tank you will know by the NO3 spike in the next few days. Hope he shows up but a Naso is not a Wrasse so I don't think it is hiding somewhere.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
Any possibability that he surfed to somewhere? he could easily travel up to 10 feet if no one was around when it happened. Get out a flashlight and look under everything and then start looking into all the little nooks and crannies in your LR, you may be able to see a piece of him stuck somewhere in the rocks.
My boyfriend and I have done that twice now (we did it twice just in case we missed something the first time) but neither one of us found anything. There also is no water spots on the floor suggesting he jumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I thought I lost my trigger on the weekend. I checked my overflows 10 times and each time I fully convinced myself "there are no fish in here." Guess where he was? They are the darndest good hiders/camoflagers sometimes. Also second the suggestion to check your pipes and so on. You never know.

Good luck, I hope you find him.

It's not impossible about the cat theory, but fwiw, I kind of doubt it too. There'd be some evidence, they're not exactly the cleanest/neatest of eaters when they're eating a whole animal.
I banged on all my plumbing pipes and all I heard was water sloshing through them, there is a lot of pipe so I guess it's possible he could be suck, but the water flow on the other end (into the sump) seems normal. I only have one over flow on that tank and it is a pretty small side overflow so I can see he's not in there. Also I keep thinking like you (as in) you would think there would be some evidence if the cat ate him.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Is your skimmer going crazy? that would be an indication of a rotting body in there somewhere.