Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-24-2011, 07:18 PM

Ya Dude is on a distinguished road

just there 2 weeks ago at the Flamingo.$550 each throug Alegient in Bellingham.Its right in the middle which is good and has the best buffet on the strip(they say). Burger Bar is all I have to say ! google it
Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

I would stay again at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay if I went to Vegas again. It is attached to the regular Mandalay Bay hotel but is quieter and nicer. The rooms and gym were great. It is out of the way at one end of the strip.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM

frizzo1983 is on a distinguished road

Just got back from there we stayed at the Flamingo great location right in the middle of the strip so you don't have to take expensive taxi's everywhere. I would stay there again, give it a thought.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

I guess you have a few choices now. As you can see alot of us stay in the middle of the strip.

If you plan walking the strip and checking everything out, location can be critical... The STRIP is long, and can be very tiring to walk. That is why staying in the middle gives you best location. One time go one way, next go the other, next go across the street one way, then the other. Well I think you get it.

Personally I found walking kills me. With bad feet, I get huge blisters, etc... and after 2 days, I am crippled. Last trip I actually bought a 24 hour public bus pass. It was $7 for 24 hours, and with buses running every 5 minutes, you jump on, jump off... SAVE YOUR FEET.

Also the pass got me to YE OLE Downtown a couple times, so very well worth the money. Also went to the very old places like circus circus, etc... Not worth the walk, but taking a bus, well worth a visit.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 03-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

Honestly if you are goting to LV, you aren't going to spend much time in the room. Unless you are planning to stay in it all day, then you want a nice place with decent suites. I would suggest The Rio, a bit off the strip, but you have full size ground to ceiling windows to see the lights all around. Only if you rent a car though, the club on the roof is decent.

Mandalay Bay is good as it has access to the trains too, and the aquarium.

The Motel8 behind the MGM is super cheap and 2 blocks away from the strip.

Just depends on your transportation, if you get a car, there are also a lot of houses/condos gotten for a great price.

If you are planning shows, book them now, as you get crap seats when booked last minute. I remember having 2 extra tickest for Cirque, somone offered me $1000 for them.

Ken

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook

Last edited by BlueWorldAquatic; 03-24-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Dude View Post
just there 2 weeks ago at the Flamingo.$550 each throug Alegient in Bellingham.Its right in the middle which is good and has the best buffet on the strip(they say). Burger Bar is all I have to say ! google it
Doesn't it freak you out when they ask you how you want your burgers done? Raw, med, well done?

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 03-24-2011, 11:12 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

i stayed at the mgm last year and liked it... pool was a little small but other than that a good experince... as for the aquarium at mandaly... overpriced and smaller than i expected... but good enought for a quiet hour...
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 AM

Ya Dude is on a distinguished road

(Doesn't it freak you out when they ask you how you want your burgers done? Raw, med, well done?)

Not really,lots of buger joints in the US ask that.I got the Kobe beef and realized I payed too much when I tried the wifes angus burger,man was that good.Jalapino bacon and a fried egg,ahhhhhhh still fresh in my memory

I dont know how to quote properly as you see
Old 03-25-2011, 01:41 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
Honestly if you are goting to LV, you aren't going to spend much time in the room. Unless you are planning to stay in it all day, then you want a nice place with decent suites. I would suggest The Rio, a bit off the strip, but you have full size ground to ceiling windows to see the lights all around. Only if you rent a car though, the club on the roof is decent.

Mandalay Bay is good as it has access to the trains too, and the aquarium.

The Motel8 behind the MGM is super cheap and 2 blocks away from the strip.

Just depends on your transportation, if you get a car, there are also a lot of houses/condos gotten for a great price.

If you are planning shows, book them now, as you get crap seats when booked last minute. I remember having 2 extra tickest for Cirque, somone offered me $1000 for them.

Ken

Rio had the nicest drink runners when we were there.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"
Old 03-25-2011, 02:58 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
Doesn't it freak you out when they ask you how you want your burgers done? Raw, med, well done?
Spending 2 days in the bathroom on vacation time freaks me out! No matter how many times I go to the states it always catches me off guard when the server asks how I want my burger done. We just had an american burger franchise open in the Park (5 Guys Burgers & Fries), it's really good but they don't ask how you want the meat cooked.