SPS fanatic.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstar View Post
yuk, 868 here in rosetown....
Wow are you sure you are not coming in to my house and taking water from me , 980 was the highest record and that was 2 weeks ago . the city told me that was fine TDS has nothing to do with it.

I asked him really and he said ya its 315 when its leaves oout plant. I told him so why are you worrying about it leaving your plant at 315. Canada code stated all drinking water will be under 500 when it enters your home..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Im still fighting this... how in the heck will this get better what about a COLD sterile.....
Old 02-22-2009, 03:42 PM

rstar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
Wow are you sure you are not coming in to my house and taking water from me , 980 was the highest record and that was 2 weeks ago . the city told me that was fine TDS has nothing to do with it.

I asked him really and he said ya its 315 when its leaves oout plant. I told him so why are you worrying about it leaving your plant at 315. Canada code stated all drinking water will be under 500 when it enters your home..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Im still fighting this... how in the heck will this get better what about a COLD sterile.....
Yeah, it's pretty bad hay, Rosetowns water smells worse that pool water. It frequently tests over 1000 here.... not normal i think....
Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

In the surrey area my tds readings on the in are 17.

Tom R
Old 02-22-2009, 04:25 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstar View Post
Yeah, it's pretty bad hay, Rosetowns water smells worse that pool water. It frequently tests over 1000 here.... not normal i think....
I used to have family in Duck Lake and spent some time there. I couldn't believe how bad the water was.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:36 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

So the TDS coming out of your tap must also depend on where its going between the plant and your faucet. How old and type of pipes your using must have a lot to do with it as well because the readings from house to house in the same areas are all a bit different.

I still have yet to ever test over 11 in my new condo but in my last place (only about 10 blocks away) the numbers were significantly higher (more in the 20's).
Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM

Norstar is on a distinguished road

Hope I am not hijacking the thread, but if the TDS readings in Vancouver are so low, do you really need to RO/DI your tank water?

Last edited by Norstar; 02-22-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 PM

wolf_bluejay is on a distinguished road
Default Kamloops

Here in Kamloops I get consistent 3 to 7 ppm, but the city water supply IS ro water. Most of that ppm is from the resiudual stuff in the city pipes as they are still flushing the main lines for sediment. The water quality has been slowing getting better over the past 2 years, and I hope it will improve more still.

We used to get water that would make your toilet water go brown during spring run-off. The toliet tank would get about 1" of sediment in it over a year or so. Hence, the city built a RO plant. This also allowed them to reduce the amount of chlorine that gets added to the water

So, I don't run any ro/di.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norstar View Post
Hope I am not hijacking the thread, http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/ima...on_redface.gif but if the TDS readings in Vancouver are so low, do you really need to RO/DI your tank water?
Yes because its taking a lot more out of the water than just what shows up in the TDS. You can probably leave out the DI but you may as just have it on there in case. The nice thing about using RO/DI in Vancouver is that the filters don't need to be replaced as often.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_bluejay View Post
Here in Kamloops I get consistent 3 to 7 ppm, but the city water supply IS ro water. Most of that ppm is from the resiudual stuff in the city pipes as they are still flushing the main lines for sediment. The water quality has been slowing getting better over the past 2 years, and I hope it will improve more still.

We used to get water that would make your toilet water go brown during spring run-off. The toliet tank would get about 1" of sediment in it over a year or so. Hence, the city built a RO plant. This also allowed them to reduce the amount of chlorine that gets added to the water

So, I don't run any ro/di.
Vancouver is suppose to be getting RO water as well some day. I can't remember when but I do remember hearing on the news that we are. Of course as you said though, pipes are going to make that water a little higher in TDS again.