Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 AM

Todd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Pop it into Spensor at PG

The Sensors or the computer unit?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:40 AM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

The sensor
Old 10-29-2008, 02:53 AM

JoelV is on a distinguished road

Todd
Bring it by we can plug into our unit and check it out and review the settings against ours

Cheers
Old 10-29-2008, 04:49 AM

Todd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Todd

Thanks Joel, I'll try to swing by on Saturday with the unit and the sensors.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:35 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I've been having a bit of trouble with the switching on my profilux plus II. What happens is sometimes when I hit ESC to start the feeding pause, when the timer runs out and it turns the pumps back on I get a little bit of a flicker where everything turns off for a second and then starts right back up. Not the end of the world but it's annoying and usually scares the crap out of the fish. Sometimes it will also happen if I just pull a plug out of the socket (cleaning a powerhead) and again if I pop the plug back in. These little episodes don't happen every time, maybe 30-50% of the time.

As far as set up goes, I recieved the profilux package with the 4 way analog bar in June 2007 and the digital powerbar a short while after (a month or so I think) I'm running firmware 4.03. I have the controller on a circuit by itself with some other tank related stuff (tunze wavebox and 6055) that is NOT GFI protected, the 2 powerbars are on a GFI protected circuit. The loading of the powerbars is as follows...
Analog: 1 Tunze 6045 (8 watts) 1 Koralia 4 (9 watts), 1 Hydor Heater (400 watts)

Digital: 2x250 watt metal Halide ballasts (340 watts each according to Sanjay's website so 680 watts) 1 T5HO ballst powering 2x54 watt lamps (guessing 120 watts?), 1xQuiet one 3000 pump (40 watts), 1x Vertex skimmer (35 watts) and 1x 2 watt moonlight (2 watts)

Also, it's worth mentioning that I never feed until after the halides have turned off or before they come on.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Hi

this is electrical interferance probably due to a 110V line close either to the profiLux or the data lead from the digital power bar or analogue bar.

Some step by step trial and error cable moving should get rid of this. If not please email me at sales@aqua-digital.com for further direct and fast support
Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 PM

Could you elaborate a little on sources of interference and ideal positioning of components relative to each other? Since the problem is intermittent, trial and error could be a very lengthy process. Especially if I don't know what exactly I'm looking for.

Thanks for the quick response!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:03 PM

Hiya
Just keeping 110V away from the PII and PII control cables and any lighting units also
Old 12-10-2008, 01:12 AM

when you reference 110v, I'm assuming you're talking about main power supplies? Sorry, I'm kind of electrically retarded. What sort of distances are too close?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 01:28 AM

email me

sales@aqua-digital.com