Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Q&A

Old 08-15-2012, 09:14 PM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
We all know that will never be a perk for anyone. I didn't even bother going there.
Lol, honestly, I could care less about an edit feature and have never complained about not having one.

Anyways, lets get back on topic about prefixes and we can discuss paid membership in a different poll/post.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:20 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Just my 2 cents,

Vendors pay a nominal fee to have access to thousands of users, very low cost to doing business, without much effort or door knocking (cold calling). If LFS's and online vendors wanted to really benefit from their sponsorship, they should look at how to maximize their return, instead of complaining about competition or the house guys (if that is what is happening).

I am not a LFS, but am a businessman, and can say that I have done many forms of marketing techniques, offering something to entice awareness and/or need. Problem I find with most LFS or vendors on Canreef is their inability or unwillingness to either offer fair market pricing or even wanting to provide such to us in areas like Canreef. As I stated in another thread, what is with all the Hush Hush, and PM me for price. This tends to tell me that it isn't one price for all.... And before anyone jumps on me for that comment, I mean fair market price for all, and if they want to offer better to bigger or repeat clients, then albiet, that can be done. I tend to buy from people that openly express their product, service and pricing.

Personally I feel if the vendors concentrate more on their business and how to grow or maximize potential in arenas like this, instead of worrying about others, they may reap the rewards.

Lastly, in regards to the new system, doesn't really matter to me, I will work with what is supplied and abide by the rules. In regards to memberships to us, I will not say I would or wouldn't buy it. Not sure there, but will say that based on the fact this forum has been declining and over the past year I find it not as valuable, I am leaning towards not purchasing.

Just my point of view, nothing more.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk

Last edited by globaldesigns; 08-15-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4 View Post
Lol, honestly, I could care less about an edit feature and have never complained about not having one.

Anyways, lets get back on topic about prefixes and we can discuss paid membership in a different poll/post.
Thank you

And thanks Titus for spending so much time explaining to us why this was implemented in the first place
I hope you and the staff find a format that works well for you all
As I said in the beginning, I'll use whatever you come up with, and hope it's something simpler
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 PM

Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
You just have to think outside the box.
Some of my fish have thought to think outside the box and it hasnt ended well for them.

At what fiscal point does this become a concern and sponsorship is requested of a user / small time dealer?

If I sold $2000 per year worth of merchendise out of my basment or garage it's not financially practical for a $1000+ sponsorship fee.

If there is enough justification to demand sponsorship, then perhaps a simple cease and desist letter is in order.
If that is ignored, send Revenue Canada after them for there "fair" share of taxes that should stop it pretty fast.
67 Gallon Mixed Reef, Modular LED Lights

Send in the Clowns - Clown Fish Breeding
5 Gallon Fry Hatchery and 15 Gallon Clown Grow Out Tank
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Some of my fish have thought to think outside the box and it hasnt ended well for them.

Too funny
Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
LMAO!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhaahhahahhahahaha hhahhahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahha
Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 PM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road

After reading this thread, I have no idea really what it is about anymore.
apparently it has become b*tch about whatever you want to thread.
what is the big deal about making a couple of more steps in trying to sell the item???? it takes 10 seconds - if that.
is it me, or am I missing something?
nothing was mentioned about vendors complaining or canreef needing money.
yet, it is what is being more discussed than anything.
if you are on here as often as most of us are, we all know the people are who are running in the grey area of business or not in business on here.
Having a slew of extra brand new equipment laying around doesn't really look like oversight, but an an attempt to make a bit of cash... and that will definitely affect the bottomline of the vendors.
members offering a few frags here and there is what makes canreef a great place for people to get a wide variety of various corals. Or people like Slick fork who spend hundreds of hours perfecting the breeding process and sell a few Captive bred fish now and then.
This I have no problem with.
however, someone that is constantly selling a wide variety of numerous frags on here is in direct competition with someone like Coral Master - who although may bring stuff in, also gets most of his frags from his own tanks.
I personally don't think we should have 2 levels of canreef or varying levels depending on how much you pay.
if it is so difficult to take that extra step on putting something up for sale - try kijiji or other forums to sell your stuff.
I think the staff here does a great job of balancing between the member's and sponsor's demands...I, for one, would not want the job.
once again, this place amazes me.
just my two cents
Neal

Last edited by howdy20012002; 08-15-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

My opinion has been stated by other members here so I won't repeat them.

I want to say that I am in line with the idea of posting the city in the title of the thread. Yes it will be in the sellers signature, or below the avatar, but I would have to open the thread to read that.
If some thing was for sale in Calgary, I don't want to travel there to buy it, but I have wasted my time by opening and reading the post.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
My opinion has been stated by other members here so I won't repeat them.

I want to say that I am in line with the idea of posting the city in the title of the thread. Yes it will be in the sellers signature, or below the avatar, but I would have to open the thread to read that.
If some thing was for sale in Calgary, I don't want to travel there to buy it, but I have wasted my time by opening and reading the post.
Even if it's in Calgary, the seller may ship, so it doesn't matter. That's not something we're going to enforce. The info is there, if you don't want to open a post for some item that' you're interested in, then I guess someone else buys it