Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

So again what was once allowed is now NOT.

this puts me over budget so i need a ruling on what i can use for sale prices?

can shrimp that i introduced when i noticed the sale remain at that price???

Can the fire fish whos price i changed 10 days after i introduced remain at sale price?????? also 1 of the 2 is deceased. i know i will get no sympathy from JD on this.

will change the sexy price back but i guess ineed an answer on the others.

Also i am not the only one to edit prices after finder a better price than you already have listed. perhaps if this had a hard set of rules to start then this would be less of an issue. i understand that it is a first run and errors in rules will happen but when someone has been pricing and posting prices for all to see then suddenly get a complaint, that is BS. No one had any problems with this before now, i had posted changes the same as this before and asked if it was alright. i was told yes it was and now it is not. WHATS THE DEAL.

All i am saying is that i had an amount in my budget remaining and went and spent it today and just like that im over budget.

They way i see it i can do one of two things.

I can try to remove livestock that has sttled into this tank and is happy

Or just donate my 20 to the rest of you and consider doing this on the 5th try when maybe someone can be told one thing and the rules wont change 2 weeks later.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

My suggestion was to avoid that issue was "from now on"

But the shrimp price you updated today and you asked for conformation, so I don't know how changing that put you over budget?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:20 AM

its not the shrimp from today that will do it its the goby and pep shrimp.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 11-18-2008, 01:31 AM

Just change the shrimp and leave the rest, it wasn't clear until now so I don't think anyone can hold that against you.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:36 AM

Updated

Old 11-18-2008, 04:11 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Yeah don't sweat it too much... just watch for deals before you "buy" (post)... it's all good. You're definitely being honest about how your pricing which I respect.. I think we just want to simulate "reality" as much as possible... and a card laid is a card played ahah I mean a price displayed is your budget paid
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 AM

It would be much easier to wait until deals happened if i lived on the coast. i live in calgary and pretty much have no choice but to buy something i want whn i see it, or else its gone. i dont order LS online so i really have no choice unfortunatley.

Point taken. My argument is that i Knew before we could put water in here what i was getting but availablility was an issue from the get go for some things. I dont like ordering thru a store when it may not come in for a monthe it its back ordered or hard to get a hold off. Not really an argument now as the situation has resolved itself, but in a six monthe contest when you have a set stocking list and some things are not readilly available you grab it when its around. you cant wait for a sale on an american website and hope your your local vendors are going to have sexy shrimp, pompom crabs or bumble bee shrimp on hand.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 AM

A couple pics

Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
It would be much easier to wait until deals happened if i lived on the coast. i live in calgary and pretty much have no choice but to buy something i want whn i see it, or else its gone. i dont order LS online so i really have no choice unfortunatley.
I wouldn't complain about your 5 or more saltwater stores, we have 1 in Saskatoon and you're still closer to the coast than us. It always takes a little effort to get a good deal, same deal over here.

Tank looks good BTW.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:12 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Secretive wrasse?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694