Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2014, 03:04 AM

tytown is on a distinguished road
Default Prazipro in the reef - once and for all

It is now well 2014 and no where online can a guy find any anecdotal evidence as to whether or not prazipro is reef safe.
I have gill flukes. Admittedly proper qt and treatment tactics would have saved me from being here but my only concern is adding an Achilles to the display knowing full well it could cause a outbreak of something stress induced.
Some background...
My adult emperor who I've had since juv has always had them. They come and go, some months worse than others. He'll scratch, shake, and breathe heavily when it flares up but has never gotten to the point where his life was jeopardized.
My desjardini who has recently been added 3 months ago also shows signs mentioned above. The elevated breathing with the random freak out is the tell tale. I'm confident this fish would live a long healthy life providing good water quality and a good diet. To further solidify the proof of my flukes, my starry eye does the same.
So why treat? This fricken Achilles I've had in QT for over a month! I don't want a flare up as soon as I wing him in. I know this fish is sensitive because it's my second one and this one got flukes when I was changing QT water out with DT water. This is behind me now and I've got a bomber Achilles that eats and swims like a champ.
I want to treat my display tank with prazi to smash my fluke infestation. Does anyone have any EXPERIENCE with this?
Does it have any ill effects on...
Coraline?
Pods?
Those little shrimp things that crawl everywhere when the lights are off?
Snails?
Hermits?
Bubble tips?
Sps?
Mushrooms and softies?
Macros like cheato or dragons breath?

And may I just say. I have read enough opinions on reef central and related threads on how safe or unsafe it is. Nothing any more recent than 2011. I'm hoping to get more out of people's experience rather then their opinions.

Thanks in advance!