Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
Well Ian I'm sure you have tried them all so let's hear your input of the
SWC skimmers'
BM skimmers
Octopus skimmers. since you have access to all 3

SO what BM are you comparing the SWC one to is there a certain one that you would like to have the pros and the cons on

Actually I have not tried them all, I have only tried the Octopus personally. I have seen all three brands with multiple models up close and personal, there is a difference in build quality; however, as everyone has so positively stated, proof is in the pudding (NOG) when compared to investment.

I agree that the pump is one of the most important factors in a skimmer; however, the reaction chamber, dwell time, and inner turbulence all come into play. All of the above mentioned attributes are directly related to how the skimmers are constructed.

I did just pull my Euroreef 8-3 mesh modded skimmer out of my sump at home to try a BM NAC7, we will see how it goes, I am confident it will perform quit well!

The purpose of this thread was to "compare" competitively priced Skimmers against each other in terms of performance, dependability, and access to spare parts and warranty. This thread is not meant to bash BM as I have said all along they perform well for the dollar, I will continue to sell them of course as also stated.

I would hope that people continue to post their own results, this thread isn't just about what I think about each brand.

The next Skimmer I am going to try is the SWC 160 Extreme Cone.