Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2009, 03:53 AM

plutoniumJoe is on a distinguished road
Default Joe's Starfire 210

I have been working on this build since April. I have what I think is about 90% of the materials that I will need to get this tank up and running but I am sure that many more surprises will pop up.

The Old Tank
I currently have a 75g with a 20g sump. I love it and it is really showing the signs of a maturing tank. Good sps growth and healthy fish. I wanted a tank for about the last 10 years but my wife didn't give in until my 40th. I ran a saltwater tank when I was in university and missed the tranquility it provided. Short sightedly we thought that the tank would be great in what might some day be our dinning room and although it is a great focal point, lugging water and other tank maintenance is tough when you have to go through the entire house.

The New tank.
I have a couple of tangs and wanted to get something that would be adequate for them and future fish. Length wise I wanted at least 6ft. I had visited Green Spotted Puffer's tank and I liked how wide it was although he suggested 30" I'm going with 28". I have two 250MH and I didn't want to upgrade the ballasts so I thought the maximum depth could be 24". So those are the dimensions. 72X28X24 =200Gallon.

Foxface, Naso, Coral Beauty, 2 Clowns, 2 Chromis, Orange Anthias, and Striped Goby.

Last edited by plutoniumJoe; 07-22-2010 at 04:42 AM.