Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2008, 08:14 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road
Angry Buyer beware (Canadian Tire)

Had a power shortage Saturday night. I have 2x400Watt battery backups to run heaters and pumps. After 3 hours, the batteries began to run down. Luckily, the neighbour had power so I ran an extension cord from his house.
So Sunday I went to Canadian Tire to buy a gas generator. Brought it home, added oil, filled the gas tank and fired it up. It ran for about 30 seconds, sputtered and died. Would not start again. Took it back to Canadian Tire today to return it. I was told they do not have a return policy on gas generators and that it would have to be sent back to the company for repair. I told them that was unacceptable and I needed a generator now and can't wait 4 weeks for repair. Their policy is that the minute you put gas in it, it becomes a used item and I may even be charged a repair fee. (Can you freakin' believe this?) How can it be used: You have to put gas in the thing to run it. After arguing with them over it they have decided to take it to their shop and see if they can get it running. If not, it will be sent away for repair.
As it sits right now I am contacting the head office and challenging their return policy. Nowhere on the sales receipt or on the packaging does it state that this product cannot be returned for refund. I am also contacting Master Card. Has anybody else run into this problem with C.T.