Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 PM

Kryten is on a distinguished road
Default FS: 72" tank and stand

Located in Edmonton. Ok here's the story. I've had this tank for around 12 years. It was first setup in my office for a couple years, then we moved to a new office and it was setup there for 5 years. It is drilled, but the holes were covered, as we were just using it for cichlids. When we moved the third time we didn't really have a good place for it, so it wound up in my basement. I set it up as a paludarium for a couple years, but other than that it has been empty for the past 4.5 years. It's a Hagen tank, and we got it used, so I'm sure it's at least 15 years old. Never had any leaks, but I don't know what sitting empty for a long time does to a tank, and there is no bracing of any kind on it. I've just realized that I don't have the desire to set it up again as I thought I might. The back is not painted, there's just a big piece of black coro-plast sitting behind the tank which is included if you want it. The dimensions are 72x19x24 with the 24 being the height. The canopy is currently fitted with NO flourescents, but I'm sure it could easily be retrofitted to T5 or MH. The stand is homemade, but it was a pretty decent job, just need to be careful with the trim that you don't pull it off. I'm not too sure how much to ask for this setup, so I'll start with $300 OBO, and I could probably be convinced to throw in some of the accessories as well such as the Whisper and Eheim filters.