Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2007, 08:53 PM

krisalexander is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to krisalexander
Default Crazy EEL!

Well I woke up this morning and went to feed my eel and couldnt find it anywhere, so i moved some rock around, with no luck. So I looked around behind the tank, no luck .Beside the cabinet there is a ledge and i cleaned out the stuff that was there and couldnt find it, there was some bags and inside a paper bag I saw something so I opened the bag and there was my dried up snowflake eel, it was stuck on to the bag and I couldnt move it off, I took my tongs and tried to get it out couldnt, then I ripped the bag open and was walking outside to throw it out in the garbage, and I see its mouth which was closed was open now, so I ripped off the square that the eel was on, and put the square into the tank, and dipped it in, and however it was stuck pretty good as it was dried out onto the paper bag, and with no energy I thought it was dead. The flow started to peel him off the paper when he took off and swam to the bottom and into its hole!!! A pretty crazy night for the young guy, I am still amazed how he got out, the only space is underneath the intake of my HOB skimmer. Anyway I have no idea how long he was out but he is doing great so far it looks like.

Crazy morning!

Kris