Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road
Default 150g Build future plans sketch ups, etc. *New Mockup pictures*

Hey guys, I'm going to be buying a house this summer/fall, so New house=new&bigger tank! So I have started shopping online, to find the best deals, I have my led set up picked out as the tank is going to be alot of DIY and completely LED I am going to do a 125-150 Gallon tank, and am looking for the best place to buy an aquarium from! Now again, this wont be for a few months, but comparing prices and finding the best one is always a good place to start so here I am! anyone know of a good wholesaler? or online supplier for either glass or acrylic tanks?

Last edited by Nano; 12-16-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:09 AM

Lampshade is on a distinguished road

Canreef is a great place for tanks in the buy/sell section, always people upsizing or downsizing. also check craigslist, etc. Lots of deals like this:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...threadid=80148
Old 12-01-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Canreef is a great place for tanks in the buy/sell section, always people upsizing or downsizing. also check craigslist, etc. Lots of deals like this:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...threadid=80148
I will certainly be watching over the next few months on here! but if I am moving to a larger tank I want to start with 0 scratches if possible lol
Old 12-01-2011, 01:34 AM

RedCoralEdmonton is on a distinguished road

We have new RR 75s with eurobracing for 275..... with our sales its an additional 15% off.... not too shabby me thinks!

Steve
Old 12-01-2011, 01:41 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoralEdmonton View Post
We have new RR 75s with eurobracing for 275..... with our sales its an additional 15% off.... not too shabby me thinks!

Steve
I think your RR 75's needs stands Steve

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoralEdmonton View Post

Steve
Damn.. Now if you could only give me a deal like that in 8-10 months
DIY Stand and canopy will definitely save a huge chunk of change what size sump would be best for a 70-75, 30g?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanomano View Post
Damn.. Now if you could only give me a deal like that in 8-10 months
DIY Stand and canopy will definitely save a huge chunk of change what size sump would be best for a 70-75, 30g?

go with the biggest possible sump you can fit in there my friend, if its possible have the sump in your basement or behind a wall so you can go bigger and add a frag tank later as well

ps.steve has amazing deals and greg makes wicked ass stands dealt with the both of them and had the best service every time
Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
go with the biggest possible sump you can fit in there my friend, if its possible have the sump in your basement or behind a wall so you can go bigger and add a frag tank later as well

ps.steve has amazing deals and greg makes wicked ass stands dealt with the both of them and had the best service every time
Greg as in Grizz? lol neat I'd love to do a metal stand and case it with wood. An maybe have enough room for a 50-75 inthe stand for a sump, I'd like to keep everything in one area I think. but I have nearly a year to think and dream and plan... Ahhh to dream...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:56 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanomano View Post
Greg as in Grizz? lol neat I'd love to do a metal stand and case it with wood. An maybe have enough room for a 50-75 inthe stand for a sump, I'd like to keep everything in one area I think. but I have nearly a year to think and dream and plan... Ahhh to dream...

yeah go as big as you can so as to increase your water volume(which is great come pollution probs) and more room for goodies and a fuge.

ii have a standard 90g with a 75g sump and still wish i had bigger especially in the refuge section lol

greg is the grizz hes the best at what he does and will give you a supreme deal, def go with metal for your stand and then skin it with something later

also consider your tank dimensions upgrading is what alot of people put the most money into they start off with one go slightly bigger then slightly bigger again and again and so forh so ask your self will it be big enough for you, go check out some 75g tanks in person and then make your decision my 90 is wayyyyy to small i hate the dimensions and am going with a 200g or bigger in the new year
Old 12-01-2011, 02:06 AM

well I have a 4ft 100 gallon cichlid tank and I love it, I wish it were a bit bigger, but I can definitely live with it lol. The nice thing about having nearly a year to sit and think on this, is I can make changes and decisions with out wasting the money, first things first though, gotta se when we buy a house what typ of space/layout, maybe I could divide a roomwith a nice big tank, but I dont know that yet lol for now I plan on making this a learning/teach me/plans thread then I will be able to go back to it at any point in time for answers and stuff