Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 08-18-2006, 04:50 AM

MikeP is on a distinguished road
Default Feeding my coral beauty...

I bought a coral beauty a little while ago and I'm not sure about what to feed him. I have been using spectrum optimum flakes for all of my fish since I started the tank. I have never seen him eat when I put it in. I have seen him pick off of the rocks though but I'm not sure if he is actually eating anything. Is the coral beauty typically a picky eater? What else can I buy for food? Some kind of pellets?

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:01 AM

Palster is on a distinguished road

My Coral Beauty hid in the rocks and was quite shy for the first couple of days after I put him in the tank but after that he became very active and eats pretty much anything I put in the tank including enriched Brine Shrimp, Mysis Shrimp and Krill (I prefer to feed frozen foods). He even picks at the Nori on the veggie clip sometimes when my Tang and Foxface aren't tearing it to shreds. I think they make a frozen Angelfish food but I have never tried feeding it.

Last edited by Palster; 08-18-2006 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Mysis shrimp is a favourite food of these fish, IME. Mine also pigs out on New Life Spectrum pellets.

Anthony
Old 08-18-2006, 05:40 AM

fishspun is on a distinguished road

Your fish sounds similar to one I have. I got mine eating by using an elastic band and tie a small piece of dried seaweed to some rock rubble to get mine to eat. Just leave it in a consistent spot where you know it visits during its usual swim. Goodluck.

70G Reef tank
90G Planted Tropical tank
Old 08-18-2006, 06:26 AM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

Just use a variety when feeding, flake, frozen, pellets, cyclopeze, mysis etc and it will start to eat - mine eats like a pig when I do feed, but it picks off the rocks too.
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!