Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-08-2010, 01:40 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough
Default Fumin mad gonna vent, today's topic: TELUS!!!!

The Wednesday before last we signed ip with telus for wireless Internet they said Friday someone will be out on Friday between 1-3 pm not bad..around 730 he shows no call nothing still not tooo bad... But.. He don't have the tools to fix it so he days Saturdays are busy days if I can't get someone out tomorrow I'll have someone here
Monday..... Ugh! Whatever so sat goes by sunday Monday .. I call I'm s little ticked nut I'm still nice and cool so we make another app for today July 7th at 600 pm.....at 645 I had to call and say is he coming the person said there isno record of app he can schedule me am app in another week so that will be 3-4 weeks and half a dozen promised visits that didn't happen I asked to speak to a supervisor I got the same person like exact... I started speaking with him he kept referring to the other representative I finally asked is this the same person?? He said yes sir all our supervisors are busy.............grrrrr!!!! Ice had it with this this is the worst display of business ivesver heard of if I showed up 4hrs late fo. A app without calling I would expect to be fired I should have let my doberman answer the door

Next time she will
thanks!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:47 AM

ALang is on a distinguished road

We had the same kind of "service" too. That's why we don't do telus anything anymore either. Have a beer. Cool down, and let loose miss Dobbie when door bell rings!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:50 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

We never had anything that bad with Telus but switched to Shaw several years ago and stuck with them anyways.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 07-08-2010, 02:01 AM
R.I.P.

I was with shaw for four years and the misses wanted to go to telus cause it's cheaper... Well you get what you pay for how many times is one needing to learn that lol
Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 AM
R.I.P.

Wow I'm amazed now .. Patrick the first guy to come out(without any tools) just called me from his own cell I guess they called him to find out what happened , he felt horrible they didn't show that weekend or today that he's gonna come here tomorrow when I'm not home and start and when I get home tomorrow after work he's going to come into the house and finish on his own time..........I guess there are some good dedicated workers left

Now will he show tomorrow that's a differnt rant.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 AM

Wingin It is on a distinguished road

I signed a 3 yr contract with Telus for Internet, and it's up at the end of September. NEVER AGAIN! There certainly are some great repairmen/women out there, but the number of problems along with the completely random disconnection and scratchy phone lines will force me to look somewhere else. My first 3 months of internet were almost non-existent, so I got 6 mths free...it was definately a pain in the butt!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
I was with shaw for four years and the misses wanted to go to telus cause it's cheaper... Well you get what you pay for how many times is one needing to learn that lol
I switched over in February, just in time for the Olympics.

I've had the exact opposite experience. I HATED Shaw. Prices kept going up & their rep lied when trying to convince me to stick with Shaw. My last Shaw bill was over $120 + taxes & fees (over $130) and that was for basic cable (Ch.2-58 with no HD, no PVR), basic phone & regular high speed internet.

With Telus, for the next year, I pay $45/month and then just over $80 for the last two years of the 3 years contract. I end up saving over $2000 over the course of 3 years. I now have well over 100 channels, including several HD & the HD sports package, free PVR anywhere (record 2 channels & watch a third anywhere in the house), free wireless modem, High speed internet (11 mbs) and free digital phone (Telus needs to activate a line to send the internet and tv signals into the home).

So far, service has been excellent. Price is unbeatable (I get HD internet, digital tv and digital phone for less than what I pay for my cell plan). They finally activated their fibreoptics system and it really improved speed & service.

Anthony
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 AM
R.I.P.

You seen it as I did my plan with shaw all in is 250 /month now I'm down to 100 plus free laptop for the misses. I pay my bills online and one time I forgot to press submit never found out till a month later that that happened shaw called fiveins before closing I was in the shower when o got out I had no cable and they were closed missed their call by four mins now who does that that may fly at 200 in the after noon then I can call and find out what happened but they did it so I couldn't call lol

With telus with my phone if there's any kind of problem they offer me. $50 credit right off da hop
Old 07-08-2010, 05:56 AM
R.I.P.

Ponder this..... I sign a three year contract for wireless Internet I get a free laptop and modem it's free as long as I'm with them if they never come to hook it up I never have to pay.... Now it's a free laptop lol hummmmmmmm loophole perhaps??
Old 07-08-2010, 06:10 AM

bonez is on a distinguished road

Did you get your laptop yet? it will never be a free laptop. No loopholes there, trust me. Either you return the laptop or they will charge you for it.

You said someone showed up late on Friday and coudn't do anything because he didn't have the tools to do the repair. Was he there for an Install or a repair? I hope that the person that showed up to your place was a Telus technician and not an authorized contractor (tech). I can see a contractor doing that but not a in-house Telus tech.