Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 05-29-2007, 09:42 PM

seanoman is on a distinguished road
Default BM 250 or H&S skimmer??

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who is using the new BM 250 and how it is working for them. It looks like a pretty good product but I'm skeptical b/c it's so new. I know that H&S is solid but a lot more expensive. What's your opinions???
Old 05-30-2007, 07:44 PM

no one has anything to say???
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I don't really know anything about the H&S. People who use them and people who sell them say they are very very good, but I just can't comprehend why they are so comparitively expensive. There must be some reason, I'm sure, but whatever it is, it eludes my radar.

The BM's look solid, and since they're meshwheel design, I can believe (without even owning one) that they are a worthwhile investment. If I had the cash I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

For my next tank, I have a beckett skimmer waiting ready to go, but when the cashflow allows, I will be upgrading to a larger meshwheel skimmer. I'm thinking it will either be the BM, or maybe an Octopus skimmer (and then I'd just mod the needlewheel to meshwheel myself).
Old 05-30-2007, 10:51 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

i'm very happy with the bm-250

here are some pics, i'm using it on about 140 gallons of water but i'd have no problem using it with double the water volume or more.

The video is from 3 days after i got the skimmer, these pics are 6 days worth of skimmate in a tank that is 600+ gallons less then what the skimmer is rated for

Old 05-31-2007, 02:00 AM

Thanks for your input guys. I'm not too sure why the H&S are so expensive either. Guess I'll just wait it out a little while. We won't have our new tank in the works for a few months.