View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM

abcha0s is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
I read somewhere that the engineer who was contracted to design the initial PS LED fixtures is also the brains behind the the ReefTech design. Can anyone confirm this?
There is truth to this, but as with everything there is more to the story. In essence, this is really no different than what happens every day in business. An engineer went to work for a competitor. My current employer is a competitor of my previous employer. It's hard to move within an industry without going to a competitor. That's just the way things go sometimes.

I do know the lights that Leszek designed for ReefTech are not simply the next generation Pacific Sun lights. There are many new and innovative ideas and everything has been designed from the ground up.

I'd be happy to share more of what I know (PM me if you like), but as I can't honestly validate everything, I'm not comfortable posting it publically. I'd rather see this thread used to discuss the technology. We are both passionate about LED lighting and I welcome the debate on this front.