View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 01:34 PM

Drfu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoh View Post
So, what's the difference between the RODI waste water and tap water? You should be dosing your macro and micro ferts with planted tanks (Kno3, Po4, etc.) (See: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...ing-guide.html) anyways, regardless of method.

Whats the TDS out of the tap? What's the TDS out of the rodi waste water?

I wouldn't see it as a problem. I had high tech planted tanks for years, and I would do it if I had both. It's still filtered through your carbon and sediment filters, so it would be much better than straight tap water, as tap water still has chloramine/chlorine in it for the most part.

I would make a batch of water from the waste water, use your prime with it, then dose your KN03, KH2P04, and trace elements in it before your water change.

However; I would do a test beforehand. I've had fish in waste water before (feeder goldfish) with no problem, so it doesn't strip needed elements from water.

Best of luck!
I will test tds of my tap water & ro water after i get the u it and installed them.

I dont dose my fw tank with anything but flourish excel once a week for my olants, what other trace elements should i be dosing a fw aquarium?