View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 02:52 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Why would you use the 120s instead of the 2060s which have the same features as the 2080 or the one you mentioned. My are fully programmable
Well two D2120's come out to $446.32 vs two 2060's that come out to 849.52. I guess it depends if the OP thinks a gradual sunrise/set is worth the extra $400. The programmable Evergrow's still only have 2 main channels just like the non-programmable version with a third being for moonlights which the D2120's don't have. I would get two D2120's or the 2080 which would probably be fine if you don't keep any high light demanding corals toward the outer most edges of the tank. I like to keep enough space from the glass for easy maintenance anyway. The 2012 would give you full illumination right across the entire tank, keeping in mind it basically has the same number of LED's that the 2080 has just more spread out. I guess the real question is are you going to regret not buying a programmable version and selling it at a loss and end up buying the programmable ones anyway?