View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 12:23 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up On the topic of Donuts/Doughnuts and Protein.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Sorry, no, tofu is not on the menu here lol Meat. Lots of meat. If it's not protein, it's a garnish.
This one's for Brad. I apparently was bored this evening and thought I'd share with him my artery clogging, coronary inducing 4 layered sandwich.....and of course.....pastries. There was a donut for the picture....but....I ate it beforehand (wasn't thinking).

What you have before you is Bacon....lots of Bacon, BBQ Chicken Breast, and BBQ Steak Shavings for protein. What you don't see is the fried egg I put on one of the layers for good measure. There are token veggies for garnish - BUT.....bonus points for carmelizing the onions and mushrooms in Bacon drippings. Binders - Melted Mozeralla, Havarti, and Mayonnaise. Tomatoes for colour and lettuce for texture (who doesn't like crunchy things?)

Pastries are from a nearby bakery - that makes their own real cream.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I would have included a picture of some alcoholic beverages that I used to wash down the sandwich......but was uncertain of the "Rules" and criteria posted in the "other" thread to get post count and activity up.

P.S. - Before anyone asks: "Why such a cheap paper plate for such a sandwich?".....Answer: "I'm lazy and knew I wouldn't be moving much after inhaling that amount of lovely grease."