View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:48 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
Wow ,your there $1000 in 2 part a year!
Not including trace elements and coral food .
I was in the same boat , went to Randy’s method. Baked baking sofa is like $1 for 4l.
Calcium is a little harder to soured because buying chemicals in 20+kg bags they think your making s*#t I’m your bathtub!
I use magnisim from seachem in bulk because it’s still reasonable .
Since going to a cheap jeabo doser $70-120 3or4 head and dyi 2 part, things neve have been better.
Hand dosing that much chemical is rough on certain corals.
Or go calcium reactor and never look back.... some of my friends in Edmonton that have the reactor grow beast in very short times .

Whoa - don't scare me like that Nowhere near $1000 per year. The 7lb bag is US$23.99 & makes 6 gallons. I use a gallon per month each of Cal/Alk and 1 gallon of Mag at US$18 lasts me about a year. So at 12 gallons per year, it's about CA$160ish for the year total for the 3 part. I hope my math is correct (admittedly my weak area). Hey, now that I work it out, it's not that bad ?

I'm not sure how to compare that to ReefCrest product as I can't see how many gallons each container makes etc.

Maybe I'm just flaking out because of the closed borders, who knows. I remember some of you out there make this stuff with baking soda & peanut butter or whatever, lol, so I thought it would be good to get some input. The BRS product has been super easy to dial in from Day 1, and it was always easy for me to pick up with other US online purchases. Not sure how this crisis situation will play out though.

I'm trying to get automated but I'm not the best with that part of the hobby. I bought an ATO and it's been sitting in a box for almost a year. Also, it can't be that bad if BRS does it, haha