Thread: Bonaire
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 PM

saltcreep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
There are definitely nicer places to dive in the world but getting there can be a hassle. My vacation time is too precious to use 4 days of them getting to my destination and back again. Bonaire is fairly easy to get to, but if you aren't a diver or snorkeler there is not much else to do.

The camera is a Nikon S8100 with an Ikelite housing and Ikelite AF35 strobe.
The price looks right for Bonaire (diving included), however, being based in Vancouver, Asia and the South Pacific are just as easy for me to get to. That's where the money side comes into play. What were the food prices like? Access to it?

Does your camera have the ability to shoot in RAW or to manually adjust the white balance? Can you shoot in manual mode as opposed to having the camera adjust the settings automatically?

Typically, once you get past 6-8' from your subject, the flash won't help much. The light gets filtered too much. Don't forget, that you need to double the distance for the light to travel as it has to get back to the camera from the subject. Not to mention that you may also get a lot of back scatter depending on the water clarity.